Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 19, 2010, 05:06 AM
azrael-

Now that BFG (sadly) has gone bust for good, does anyone know how I might get my hands on one of their Phobos cases? Not a Phobos system, just the case. I always thought it looks pretty sweet.
Old August 19, 2010, 06:36 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

So, which brand is now a good buy? Which one offers good warranties?
Old August 19, 2010, 06:42 AM
Banned
F@H

well evga would be a favourite on nv side, xfx on ati side till they pick up nv again.

no matter what you buy today, if tomorrow the best folds, youre done either way
Old August 19, 2010, 06:54 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
well evga would be a favourite on nv side, xfx on ati side till they pick up nv again.

no matter what you buy today, if tomorrow the best folds, youre done either way
Yeah, I still bought a... sapphire. Way to go for an excellent warranty
But it's still running strong though.

I'll for sure buy a brand with a good warranty on my next card.
Old August 19, 2010, 09:02 AM
A neighbor

Default Moved

I actually work in the building complex BFG moved into. I knew something was up when they moved in last year. I was glad that it was happening because they were a bunch of Chotches. There is one Bitch that when she would leave work would go the same way as me and was a maniac driver and loved to cut people off to get ahead. Anyway, they are now in an industrial park in Libertyville and their 36000+ Sq Ft building remains empty and for sale. They should have worked better in relating with beta testers and schmoozed more companies. I knew many that wanted to test their stuff (normally getting free product) they said wait for the full release and pay for it in the stores. This is not good PR at all. Another reason I stopped buying them 10 years ago.

A neighbor
Old August 19, 2010, 10:04 AM
F@H

My System Specs

BFG, the Titan at one point in the Market.

I did use them for a short while...my issue with them which was not really common was poor CSR. That being said they did do well for themselves in the market for a while.

It is a shame to see a Titan go...but at the end of the day we will still have options.
PNY is strong. EVGA is strong, Zotac is filling up the Market here in North America. Asus and GB are NV board partners too. We have options, and perhaps it was too many that wittled away BFG.
A shame, to those employed.

On a side note, JOhnny, why don't you go kick in some heads over at ULTRA. Ever since that one guy left ULTRA they have been going downhill just when they were making headway.

Take care Mate,

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old August 19, 2010, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

Makes me really glad that I RMA'd my bad card a couple months ago. Least I got an upgrade from my 280GTX to a 285. Knocked a tiny resistor off the end of it though while installing, works perfectly fine thank god. Still have my one of a kind BFG AGP 7800GSOC watercooled card, was a replacement for my 6800Ultra watercooled that died. Haven't even installed it in a computer to see if it works because I no longer have AGP lol!! Sad day to see BFG go, always took great care of me if I had an RMA, bought just about every series of Nvidia cards that was released from them :(
Old August 19, 2010, 05:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
BFG has officially begun sending out RMA denial letters to their warranty holders. Claim to be "running down business". It looks like BFG has finally received the final nail within its coffin and is officially "....winding down and liquidating its business" in their own words. Some of their customers who have recently sent in BFG video cards for RM... [ Read full article ]
What a damn shame ! I have been dealing with BFG for ages and was always very satisfied with the build quality of their cards. See, people purchased BFG cards for their supposed lifetime warranty (North America) and look what happens, so much for the warranty.

I do agree with the fact they did have very bad CSR and it's always easy to put the blame on others for their demise.

R.I.P BFG.
Old August 19, 2010, 08:01 PM
Chaotix

Default Lucky Timing?

I had no idea about BFG's troubles, but I sent my card in mid July for an RMA. I think they might have just sent out whatever stock they had to try to fill their open RMAs... It took them nearly a month to fulfill the RMA, but I had sent in an 8800GTS and they sent me back a 260GTX OC (GFGTX260MC896OCDE) which seems like quite the excessive upgrade/replacement.

So either they really intended for that to be the current replacement, or I just got incredibly lucky with my timing... either way it seems like I made it just in time to actually have my RMA fulfilled.

I'm sad to see BFG go under as I have bought many components from them over the years.
Old August 20, 2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
On a side note, JOhnny, why don't you go kick in some heads over at ULTRA. Ever since that one guy left ULTRA they have been going downhill just when they were making headway.
Are you trying to be funny? You do realize that the one guy that left Ultra just when they were making headway was me, right?

I figured I left them in good hands after launching the X3. After seeing the X4 and Lifetime Series, I found out I was wrong.