Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 3, 2010, 06:13 PM
Banned
F@H

netlink covers 1 year, i believe. any other business should give you 1-4 weeks. *should*
Old September 3, 2010, 06:45 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
netlink covers 1 year, i believe. any other business should give you 1-4 weeks. *should*
There is no warranty coverage for his PSU, period. NCIX only sells the GS-550. The only place that sells other BFG PSUs is geeks.com, and they don't provide coverage. If he bought it from anywhere else then it was a lot more than a few weeks ago.
Old September 3, 2010, 07:14 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

anyone know where i can get some cheap bfg gpu's that pump out good PPD?
Old September 18, 2010, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

Unhappy fan replacement tips please

The PCI-e 8400GS card I bought didn't last a month, now the fan is rattling badly. Any advice to just replace the fan would be greatly appreciated as the BFG rep told me no RMA, no warranty, try PNY.
Old September 18, 2010, 09:34 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The PCI-e 8400GS card I bought didn't last a month, now the fan is rattling badly. Any advice to just replace the fan would be greatly appreciated as the BFG rep told me no RMA, no warranty, try PNY.
hey dude. well, take it out and oil it, see if it does anything. if not, perhaps yank it out completely and direct a case fan towards the card. they run pretty cool so you dont need much cfm.

bfg rep sent you to pny? they do offer a discount on their cards if you hand in your bfg brick/card.
Old September 19, 2010, 07:13 AM
Unregistered

Default fan replacement tips please

Thanks for the advice, I'll try it. Yes, the rep referred me to PNY, that they are offering a discount in exchange for this defective BFG card. After speaking with the PNY rep, I was told yes, this is true, BUT they have no more stock of the equivalent card I was after. Dead end.
Old September 19, 2010, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

Default Figures...

I bought a BFG Nvidia 6800 right when they released the card. I was impressed with the card and like everything else it is finally dying. I was going to go ahead and RMA and get a new card to throw in a junk desktop whose only purpose would be to surf the web and stream the occasional movie off netflix. I thought I would actually get to take them up on the "lifetime warranty," but I guess I was wrong. At least I got my use out of the thing. I think all can agree that AGP 6800 would fall in the dinosaur category. Its funny that the card almost outlasted the company!
Old September 19, 2010, 04:02 PM
Banned
F@H

man, thats got to be.what 6 years ago?

clean the contacts, see if its making proper contact core to cooler wise, else? recycle it.
Old September 27, 2010, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

Angry

I was having the same problem with my fan so I sent my card in on an RMA ticket just before the announcement. They told me that my card would be shipped back unrepaired but it still hasn't come back. At this point, I'm thinking I'm not only out the $16 in postage I paid to send my card to them but my 5 month old card altogether. If I had my card back I could at least try fixing the fan myself but now it looks like I'm going to have buy another card. Anyone in the same boat or have any suggestions on how I might be able to get my card back feel free to send me an email (bookem_danno_x@yahoo.com).
Old September 27, 2010, 09:11 PM
Banned
F@H

well, thats pretty sad. why, one may ask? if there is no one to send it back to you, and there is a room or box full of such things? if theres more people liek you, you should get together and contact local authorities or something.

since the receiver doesn't exist anymore, you cannot or maybe try to see if you can get in touch with anyone but by now there might be no one even to answer the phones.