Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 12, 2010, 12:56 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default ECS Introduces the Latest Black Series P55H-AK Motherboard

With innovative products that span multiple target markets, Elitegroup Computer Systems (ECS), the world's leading motherboard, graphics card, barebone system, and notebook manufacturer, announces the latest tremendous product - ECS Black Series P55H-AK motherboard features lots of powerful specification and classic color scheme of black and white.... [ Read full article ]
Old August 12, 2010, 01:54 PM
Banned
F@H

the looks..oh the looks. killer! but does it deliver? ecs usually is not known for hardcore clocks and the such. usually

edit. the location for the molex for extra juice when several cards are inserted..is just perfect. usually you find it very close and awkwardly placed next to a pci-e slot or such
Old August 12, 2010, 03:39 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

That is one of the best looking boards ever, except the bad placement of the power/reset buttons. The 8pin is in the proper place, and not crowded but heatsinks. Dual heatpipes, serious.
The color is fantastic, no ide/floppy to waste.
2x actuall 1x slots, not being blocked, front audio on the bottom corner, best place. The extra molex, sweet, placement.
What is that little extra heatsink?
Old August 12, 2010, 03:55 PM
Rookie

I believe its for the nf200!
Old August 12, 2010, 04:26 PM
MVP

My System Specs

It looks cool, but if previous 'Black Edition' BIOS' are any indication, this will be lots of show, and little go in the overclock department. Hopefully they have improved their game in that respect, because this could be a real competitor in the motherboard arena! With DFI pulling out of the enthusiast business, and AsRock putting out some very respectable products, ECS needs to catch up. This is likely a good start.
Old August 12, 2010, 04:36 PM
Hall Of Fame

Looks good, but it seems like they went out of their way to ensure that as little heatsink surface area is actually exposed to airflow. Still, the layout is certainly good, and I like the dual-heatpipe setup.
Old August 12, 2010, 08:31 PM
Top Prospect

This in Phantom Case = WIN
Old August 12, 2010, 08:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Obviously, at the end of the day, the performance is what's important. And we won't see that until it gets reviewed. However, since the subject at this point is mostly on looks... it really doesn't work for me. The gray and white on black seem a little too drab and lifeless. The reason the ROG boards look so good is because of the suttle, clashing accent of red to define it. Even the gaudy orange and yellows of the LanParty boards showed life. This, to me, just seems dull. Which is unfortunate, as the layout of the board has so much thought put in to it.

Like I said, we'll see how it performs. There's always windowless cases for those of us that don't like it.
Old August 13, 2010, 05:51 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Looks great! The reset CMOS button with the I/Os will be a handy feature.
Old August 13, 2010, 07:04 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Gigabyte aesthetics department, please take note and invest in monochrome glasses

Can't wait to see how it performs

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W