Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 11, 2010, 11:43 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Slimod 282 Direct-Touch VGA cooler from Spire

Introducing the Slimod 282 high-end DT Heat-pipe VGA graphics array cooler. The Slimod 282 is a powerful GPU cooler for the latest hot 130W Nvidia and ATI graphics chipset.

Equipped with four (4) all copper 6mm Direct Touch heat-pipes for efficient and quick heat transport to the aluminum stamped heat-sink fins which transfer the heat to ambient ... [ Read full article ]
Old August 11, 2010, 12:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile News and Reviews

This looks like a good cooler. My beef with such type is the fact it disperses the heat into the case. I imagine it's not too wide to allow 2 close cards to have them installed on both. With a case like the HAF series, it should be a good choice.
Old August 11, 2010, 03:59 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfanatic View Post
This looks like a good cooler. My beef with such type is the fact it disperses the heat into the case.
It's basically impossible to have a heatsink that cools as well as this one does without having it exhaust heat into the case. That's why all the high-end GPU heatsinks do it. Either you let it dump heat into the case or you have a rear exhaust and deal with higher temperatures.
Old August 11, 2010, 07:28 PM
Banned
F@H

interesting if itll beat the turbo II from ac, both in performance and noise ;)