Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 9, 2010, 11:59 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default ASUS Sabertooth X58 Moterboard Arrives, Joins TUF Series

<p>The new SABERTOOTH X58 motherboard delivers the latest Intel chipset and support for the fastest processors on the market, including the Intel Core i7-980X, as part of the TUF Series of heavy duty motherboards. It is the latest entry in this ruggedized lineup, providing uncompromised durability and the utmost reliability to users who demand 24/7... [ Read full article ]

Last edited by SugarJ; August 9, 2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old August 9, 2010, 12:15 PM

My System Specs

That is likely the ugliest mainboard I have ever seen. I really do not like the poo/puke colour scheme.
Old August 9, 2010, 12:46 PM
F@H

My System Specs

What the hell were they thinking with that colour scheme? I agree lowfat, ugliest motherboard i have ever thing. Did they intended this to go into windowless cases?
Old August 9, 2010, 12:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Noctua's would be right at home there.
Old August 9, 2010, 01:04 PM
Banned
F@H

i thought i posted in here lol!
Old August 9, 2010, 01:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Press Release

Aside from the questionable colour scheme, it sounds like a great board for folding. I like the idea of better heat dissipation by reducing the board's absorption of it Perhaps they should've made the colour scheme camoflauge to hide its look.
Old August 9, 2010, 01:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't understand the big "military grade" push with MSI and ASUS these days... What are they trying to say? I'll bet my bottom dollar these "military grade" boards aren't in a single, government owned, military PC. And what exactly IS military grade? Can they stop bullets? Do they have night vision? Can it randomly take over a small country in a mistaken search for WMD's?

In short... that term is getting old. Marketing flashy, gaudy products with words like 'Military' thrown in to make it sound tougher, is a tactic for the masses. It only ends up insulting those smart enough to see it. Unfortunately, this marketing usually works, as the ignorant consumers far outweigh the intelligent. So we're doomed to see this get worse...
Old August 9, 2010, 01:56 PM
Top Prospect

LOL @ poo/puke colour scheme. Yeah they're going for the whole "TUF" military camouflage colour scheme which is also the same kind of colour scheme as poo/puke.
Old August 9, 2010, 01:57 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Military grade IC's can run in a wider temperature range (up to 70C ambient IIRC). Does it do any good in your home computer? Likely not.
Old August 9, 2010, 02:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Military grade IC's can run in a wider temperature range (up to 70C ambient IIRC). Does it do any good in your home computer? Likely not.

70C AMBIENT!? Great... I'll be sure to pick up this board if I decide to set up a gaming rig in the mouth of a volcano...