F@H

My System Specs

Wow! That is one ugly mobo!
Old August 11, 2010, 07:13 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldezar View Post
I don't understand the big "military grade" push with MSI and ASUS these days... What are they trying to say? I'll bet my bottom dollar these "military grade" boards aren't in a single, government owned, military PC. And what exactly IS military grade? Can they stop bullets? Do they have night vision? Can it randomly take over a small country in a mistaken search for WMD's?

In short... that term is getting old. Marketing flashy, gaudy products with words like 'Military' thrown in to make it sound tougher, is a tactic for the masses. It only ends up insulting those smart enough to see it. Unfortunately, this marketing usually works, as the ignorant consumers far outweigh the intelligent. So we're doomed to see this get worse...

LOL!!!

I agree completely
Old August 12, 2010, 10:39 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

would be cool if you want to do a custom cammo colour scheme computer.. heatsinks are interesting looking.
Old August 12, 2010, 10:40 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
Be right at home in one of these:

I think I should just try and build an entire "military class/inspired" PC, just for fun. Wonder if I could pawn it off on someone on craigslist for a bundle
At least white/black are aesthetically pleasing. I don't think that case looks all that bad.
Old August 12, 2010, 11:05 AM
Top Prospect

This is an ugly motherboard, 70c ambient someone at Asus must have been watching Al Gore.
Old August 12, 2010, 11:27 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Without actually looking it up..

Commercial - 0 to 70
Industrial - -40 to +80(85)
Military - -55 to +125

It's probably only the cap's that are military grade, possibly the VRM's and FET's around the CPU
Old August 29, 2010, 02:37 PM
Rookie

After some digging around for info on this board(I'm planning to build a rig & this fits price range perfectly) -
I came up with this link:
http://www.a-power.com/product-18198

After seeing it post on new egg( Newegg.com - ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Intel Motherboard ) with practically ZERO INFO listed there I dug up the former link. Imho 200$ doesn't seem too bad considering the options are either dated somewhat or 100+$ more- barring a few of the lego-set boards ofc.

I too dig the 'color scheme' albeit poo~puke(lmao), price and what appears to be very up-to-date options. Also it will fit in perfectly with my HAF X (.....hmm maybe i'll paint my case acu digi - god knows I wore it long enough
)
Any links to asus from search engine results / searching asus' site lead to nada. It being advertised as a "Quad GPU SLI / CFX" seems very misleading though..

I'd love to see a review of this board & find out what it has going for it other than its fab colour scheme and *cough* 'advertised' capability to withstand a direct thermonuclear detonation.

Sorry to revive a 17 d/o thread but info on this MOBO is scarce & I'm sure you guys can pick out more from the specs listed than this tech-noobie.
P.s. : Do ya think it'll come with one of those fancy heat sinks??( I died when I saw that...lol +1)
Old August 29, 2010, 03:22 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

The price is actually very good considering the features the board has. I'm glad to see ASUS pricing it so well.
Old August 30, 2010, 05:20 AM
Rookie

Worldwide First: Sabertooth X58 Review

Asus Sabertooth X58 Anakart - PCkoloji.com