Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 4, 2010, 01:12 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Gigabyte Open Overclocking Championship 2010

<p>The North American Regional Finals for the Gigabyte Open Overclocking Championship 2010 are set to get underway on August 7th, 2010 and Hardware Canucks will be there to cover it and see which overclocking stars will head off to battle it out in the global finals! Follow us as we bring you live event coverage from Los Angeles and watch as the be... [ Read full article ]
Old August 4, 2010, 07:41 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

reopened - feel free to set yourself a reminder guys.
MAC will be there covering the event and posting all the information to our live event blog as it happens!
Old August 8, 2010, 07:19 AM
Unregistered

Default over clocking

What the point of overclocking? to draw heat away from the processor to to cool down the processor?
Old August 8, 2010, 07:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What the point of overclocking? to draw heat away from the processor to to cool down the processor?
No, it is taking a stock clocked processor and running it at as high a MHZ that you can without destroying it. An analogy is hotrodding a motor to produce more horsepower. If done right you have a reliable, more powerful unit, if done wrong you have a pile of scrap.
Old August 10, 2010, 05:35 AM
Associate Review Editor

I've added a few dozen new images while I prepare my main article, hope you enjoy