Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 4, 2010, 10:33 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Corsair Launches Hydro Series H70 CPU Cooler

Corsair today announced the Corsair Hydro Series H70 ultra-performance CPU cooler. This CPU cooler is designed to provide an extremely efficient cooling solution for CPUs from Intel and AMD. The Hydro Series H70 CPU cooler is an evolution of the award-winning Hydro Series H50, with several significant upgrades that enable it to deliver even great... [ Read full article ]
Old August 4, 2010, 10:41 AM
Top Prospect

Awesome, Now wait couple of months and this 120$ will be under 100$!

Waiting for benchmarks...
Old August 4, 2010, 11:23 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

guess it was a good thing i couldn't get a used H50 the last couple weeks i've been looking.. LOL
Old August 4, 2010, 12:27 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'm quite curious as to how this sucker performs. I've been meaning to get into water for a while now but I caved and bought a lancool pc-k62 and it isn't exactly water friendly. If this thing can shave off a couple degrees off of my I7 920 @3.8 (current HS is a CM 212), i'd be seriously hard pressed to not buy it. Can't wait to see some benchmarks!
Old August 4, 2010, 01:02 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'd like to see the benchmarks to, it may replace the H50 I'm using.

Old August 4, 2010, 04:54 PM
MVP

From my experience, these things kinda suck in terms of bang for the buck. I regret ever buying my h50 and whatnot. My Hyper 212 performs almost as good and costs a fraction of the amount. It's also easier to clean, because the fins aren't as fragile as the radiator fins.
Old August 4, 2010, 05:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungMan View Post
From my experience, these things kinda suck in terms of bang for the buck. I regret ever buying my h50 and whatnot. My Hyper 212 performs almost as good and costs a fraction of the amount. It's also easier to clean, because the fins aren't as fragile as the radiator fins.
H50 should technically be quieter than the Hyper 212 which makes it worth the money.

And for cleaning the radiator.. compressed air and tap water.. anything else and your wasting time.
Old August 4, 2010, 07:51 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I'm looking forward to the reviews of this unit. My Hyper 212+ is a great cooler, but if this unit proves to do a similar job, at a fraction of the noise, I think I'll be in the line to buy.
Old August 4, 2010, 07:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DokkRokken View Post
I'm looking forward to the reviews of this unit. My Hyper 212+ is a great cooler, but if this unit proves to do a similar job, at a fraction of the noise, I think I'll be in the line to buy.
And a fraction of the size.
Old August 5, 2010, 03:41 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
H50 should technically be quieter than the Hyper 212 which makes it worth the money.
And for cleaning the radiator.. compressed air and tap water.. anything else and your wasting time.
Actually, these water cooling units are louder, because the pump emits a buzzing sound. My fans are also changed to Noctuas, and the Hyper 212 can run passive. In no way does it justify costing 4x more.