Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 5, 2010, 01:45 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
One word: meh.

I have been a BlackBerry user for years and I am sorry to see them going along with all the other sheep in the market. Give me a screen the size of the one on the Curve with a slide-out keyboard and I would have been happy. Give me something as large as that thing when it's unfolded and I avoid it like the plague.

Business users honestly don't need all these BS functions and touchy-feely things. We need compact and functional. RIM used to be able to provide those but now it looks like they are going to miss their core market once again.
++

I use a BB for the physical hardware and the fact that it does email so well. Being designed in Canada, the BBs all work surprisingly well when you're wearing mittens. You can't use an iPhone when you stand outside in a snow storm.

RIM needs to focus on their core and ignore the teenagers who just want something shiny.
Old August 5, 2010, 01:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

Biggest gripe on the phone. is screen size.

For a phone to be catering to the people it is.. with a screen as small it is.. will kill it.

iphone and htc have bigger screens.
Old August 5, 2010, 02:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Been around the office talking about the new Torch and pretty much everyone around here is on board with this thing. They all have the same gripes as me with the iPhone (and touch screens in general) and generally like their BBs, but are sad about the sh1t media features on them. With OS 6 I think a lot of enterprisers will be happy to adopt this thing. BUT... does it still use Exchange the same way? One big reason why we like BBs so much is security around Exchange (as far as I know anyways). Will OS 6 support Exchange the same way?

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old August 5, 2010, 05:42 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
Been around the office talking about the new Torch and pretty much everyone around here is on board with this thing. They all have the same gripes as me with the iPhone (and touch screens in general) and generally like their BBs, but are sad about the sh1t media features on them. With OS 6 I think a lot of enterprisers will be happy to adopt this thing. BUT... does it still use Exchange the same way? One big reason why we like BBs so much is security around Exchange (as far as I know anyways). Will OS 6 support Exchange the same way?
To the best of my knowledge it will support exchange the exact way as in OS 5, from what i have seen so far.

I've seen video playback, aka a movie, and it looks like a rather great picture quality and has no lag when you jump to different points in a movie, as if you were watching it on your computer
Old August 5, 2010, 07:09 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

With new phones sporting 1ghz processors and high resolution scenes being released every other week the specs don't look very impressive.

Old August 6, 2010, 08:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
To the best of my knowledge it will support exchange the exact way as in OS 5, from what i have seen so far.

I've seen video playback, aka a movie, and it looks like a rather great picture quality and has no lag when you jump to different points in a movie, as if you were watching it on your computer
Cool thanks for that. As mentioned by some it does seem the hardware may hold people back from jumping on board. But I'll have to wait and see what the speed is like on this for myself.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old August 6, 2010, 08:35 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Man OS6 is amazing. It is a lot faster/responsive and can run on several of the 'older' BBs.