Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 30, 2010, 09:04 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Apple iPhone 4 Makes Canadian Debut

Despite well publicized antenna issues with the iPhone 4, that didn't seem to stop many Canadians who waited in line at Apple stores around the country today for the official launch.Apple's latest product is being brought to the wild north over a month after its USA release and will be featured on all three primary carriers; Rogers, Telus and Bel... [ Read full article ]
Old July 30, 2010, 09:20 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
Rogers will also be bringing back the 6GB data for $30 promotion, and for die -hard Apple users, for $20 a month, you can share that data plan with your iPad; rumours are Bell will be offering a completely identical deal and it could be so will Telus. Who needs competition, right?

lol this is so true!!!!! after having lived overseas for work, in europe, Japan, and the US, i can honestly say that Canada has one of the WORST phone plans in the world, same w/ its internet, the lack of competition and monopolies the big giants have on these markets is disgusting. CANADIANS PAY THROUGH THE NOSE FOR CELL PHONE PLANS AND INTERNET!!! u guys need to wake up!
2500k @ 4.4ghz @ 1.35v on Noctua NH-D14, 16GB (2x8gb) Crucial Ballistex @ CL9-9-9-24, Gigabyte Z68 UD4 B3, Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce , 240gb OCZ Vertex 3 MI edition & 2TB WD Black, Auzentech Forte 7.1, Corsair HX520wt psu, Corsair 300R, Win7 64
Old July 30, 2010, 10:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Bell is offering sharing the data with the iPad for $10 per month. That's $10 cheaper than Rogers.

Bell Releases iPhone 4 Pricing, 6GB Data, iPad Sharing | iPhone in Canada Blog - Canada's #1 iPhone Resource
Old July 30, 2010, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

To bad it's bell.
That's the only way they get customers, cheap price for 3 months and then MORE expensive, and shittier reception/service.
Stay away from Bell!!
Old July 30, 2010, 11:01 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Between the iPad and the iPhone4, it great to see our consumers are just as mindless as those in the US. Although you have to hand it to Apple... their marketing approach has been genius. They're the only company I can think of that can feed you garbage and convince you it's a 4-star meal. Then, when someone realizes it's garbage they've been fed, they're outcast as being 'ignorant', or not having a refined enough taste to understand it...
Old July 30, 2010, 11:43 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To bad it's bell.
That's the only way they get customers, cheap price for 3 months and then MORE expensive, and shittier reception/service.
Stay away from Bell!!
Completely true...billing errors always in their favour and when you catch them ,it takes endless calls for them to finally 'fix' it on their system.
Old July 30, 2010, 03:17 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I buy my phones and pay monthly,its cheaper then any contract. A 3yr contract for a phone is insane.

Old July 30, 2010, 03:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
Completely true...billing errors always in their favour and when you catch them ,it takes endless calls for them to finally 'fix' it on their system.
Yup, I'm surprise there aren't any lawsuit against them.
Old July 30, 2010, 04:49 PM
Banned

The iPhone's not bad, but I don't see myself paying $750+ for a phone in the near future. I'll stick with my $200 Blackberry Bold.

At least they come unlocked through the Apple Store (not sure if through Rogers).
Old July 30, 2010, 04:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm more than happy with my unlocked $80 Asus P527

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Handheld & Navigation - P527

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)