Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 1, 2010, 11:39 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Intel has been looking into light-based data transfer systems as an alternative to USB 3.0 (which is why they have refused to integrate USB 3.0 support into their chipsets). Based on that, I would think that they want to get this sort of technology out as fast as they can.
very interesting as that i didn't know about light peak (intel's light-based transfer system)
if this comes on mainstream --- look out
Intel’s Light Peak Technology Could Kill USB 3.0 | Gadget Lab | Wired.com
Old August 1, 2010, 01:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Press Release

You know this stuff is coming. I think at this stage, people are used to technological leaps and bounds and will be anticipating these newer, more advanced breakthroughs sooner rather than later.
Can you imagine what the home pc will look like in 5-10 yrs from now. Probably the same as we look at the quad compared to the P1 and graphics advances nowadays. Maybe software advances will catch up to hardware. Hmmm
Old August 1, 2010, 08:33 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaX View Post
very interesting as that i didn't know about light peak (intel's light-based transfer system)
if this comes on mainstream --- look out
Intelís Light Peak Technology Could Kill USB 3.0 | Gadget Lab | Wired.com
Smart move if they can make usb3/light peak combo ports. The easier the transition the better of intel will be.