Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 28, 2010, 01:25 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
You don't buy a Quadro to game. They cost significantly more money and don't perform any better than the consumer models. These are for CAD, 3D rendering, and workstations that make heavy use of CUDA applications for business purposes.
but what if you buy the card or get it for free from your business and just happen to get it into your home computer. After your done work it doesnt hurt to game a little bit on the quadro. I understand that its certified for working and hell would any one pay 4k just for a graphics card to game and not work if your gonna buy this card and not game might as well just go for the 980x + 4-way GTX480's

I would like to see how the quadro card does against gaming GPU's in games either way and for the fun CAD as well
Old July 28, 2010, 08:30 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

if Quadro Plex 7000 is the dual gpu card, we can base our spaculations of the gtx490(?) on it, i would think.
Old July 28, 2010, 08:36 AM
Banned
F@H

if the regular drivers accept it and it hasnt been neutred of gaming oriented 'parts' 12 gigs of ram shouldnt be too bad at high rez/maxed out eye candy
Old July 28, 2010, 08:41 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillerz View Post
but what if you buy the card or get it for free from your business and just happen to get it into your home computer. After your done work it doesnt hurt to game a little bit on the quadro. I understand that its certified for working and hell would any one pay 4k just for a graphics card to game and not work if your gonna buy this card and not game might as well just go for the 980x + 4-way GTX480's

I would like to see how the quadro card does against gaming GPU's in games either way and for the fun CAD as well
You have it REALLY ass-backwards.... a quadro card performs JUST like a normal graphics card (in this case, Quadro 7000 = GTX470 with more RAM). Hell, they might even do worse because they do not use conventional drivers which have game optimization. No one who buys it would even think of using it for gaming, and it would only be a waste of a reviewers time.
Old July 28, 2010, 10:09 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillerz View Post

What you're saying makes absolutely no sense. And it's unlikely that you'd get one of these for free from your business for personal use considering how much they cost.
Old July 28, 2010, 11:39 AM
Top Prospect

lolol whatever i didnt feel like re-reading my work and correcting it cuz its too much hah. but anything is possible. My GTX470 could transform into futuristic GTXX980 that b sick
Old July 28, 2010, 12:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Press Release

I wonder how these would do folding? They would probably kick ass! From past experience for CADD they're fantastic. For gaming they suck! Mind you, this is the previous generation, but as stated earlier, it isn't for gaming!!!
Old July 28, 2010, 12:16 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Since these Fermi Quadro cards didn't come out until nowish at work some developers are using GTX 480s instead, lol
Old July 28, 2010, 12:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

I'm kind of surprised it's taken Nvidia this long to come out with these - this is obviously where many of the big design changes in Fermi were aimed in the first place.
Old July 28, 2010, 12:52 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfanatic View Post
I wonder how these would do folding?
They wouldn't do any better than the equivalent GTX 4xx cards for folding.