Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 26, 2010, 08:10 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Lack of Anti Aliasing (AA) Options for StarCraft II: ATI's Official Response

ATI's lack of anti aliasing support for StarCraft II has been well publicized but official responses to the situation were few and far between. We now have what we have been waiting for: clarification. As some of you may know, in our StarCraft II GPU Comparison we noted that Blizzard will not be including an optional anti aliasing (AA) setting in ... [ Read full article ]
Old July 26, 2010, 08:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Sounds good to me. ATI want it but don't want it to have any impact on the game. It's fait and sonsumer wise. Thx ATI for not just trowing a crap in your driver ad thinking about people!

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old July 26, 2010, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

Only diehard ATI fanboys could possibly see this as a plausible move.

Its not like Nvidia went "WE ARE MAKING IT MANDATORY FOR YOU TO HAVE AA ON SO NOW YOU HAVE TO BUY BETTER VIDEO CARD AND GIVE US YOUR MONEYZ RAWR!"

Its still a ******* option. I love Blizzard and hate Ati so that's why I'm torn here. How can adding it in as an option for performance be bad? It will still run smooth as shit on the terrible systems, but people who have bought a GPU in the past two years will be able to put it to good use. DX9 and no AA? WTF

Last edited by SugarJ; July 26, 2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old July 26, 2010, 09:04 PM
MVP

Most pro gamers are more about the gameplay, and would prefer to turn all the settings to the lowest possible to get the smoothest gameplay. And because of that, you won't notice slight improvement in graphics at all. Hell, I don't. AA is the worst thing to turn on if you want higher fps.

But then again, SC2 is already noobed out and meant for the American market. Thank Activision.
Old July 26, 2010, 11:18 PM
Banned
F@H

dont liek when people/co's beat around the bush(too much)

happy you got a crystal clear answer. in other words they didnt want to risk it. ok,played it safe.
Old July 27, 2010, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

Red face

OMG!

They found out that AA has an impact on FPS, it's like less than it was without AA!
This, obviously leads us to believe that AA somehow allows the magical beavers to rest within our cards and this is unacceptable.
Thus we cannot offer AA, it is better for all of us.
Old July 27, 2010, 01:32 AM
Hall Of Fame

I just been playing it the last 3 hours.

AA isn't even needed. seriously, everyone is going to complain because they don't have the option. This isnt even ATI/AMDs issue. If Blizzard doesn't want to include an AA option then whatever, don't buy it lol. I think forcing AA might cause more issues then it'll solve anyways. It's nvidia.

I'm happy with my AAless card. Play the game and tell me what you think.
Old July 27, 2010, 02:31 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkStarr View Post
I just been playing it the last 3 hours.

AA isn't even needed. seriously, everyone is going to complain because they don't have the option. This isnt even ATI/AMDs issue. If Blizzard doesn't want to include an AA option then whatever, don't buy it lol. I think forcing AA might cause more issues then it'll solve anyways. It's nvidia.

I'm happy with my AAless card. Play the game and tell me what you think.
I can agree. Well at least @ 2560x1440.
Old July 27, 2010, 04:04 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This is just too funny. Now all the ATI-Fanboys who couldn't wait for the Fermi have to see the truth: don't count on ATI drivers muahahaha.
Have you read the forum rules before posting?

Anywho, AA of no AA, the starcraft series have been a game of strategy and gameplay, and not eye-candy. I see no point in your rambling.

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old July 27, 2010, 05:24 AM
Banned
F@H

good god any clean up in here?