Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 27, 2010, 06:34 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Meh, the comments are what they are. Quite a few people aren't happy about this simply because ATI isn't giving the option for AA regardless of the FPS drop. Personally, I don't need SCII to be pretty for it to be fun but I still think Blizzard should have added the option in-game. It's like going back to the 90s when it comes to game design.
Old July 27, 2010, 07:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I agree with you guys. SCII is not a candy eye game. Like WarHammer DOW II I don't want the game to be OMG look at these little ship they are so detailed. I want no fking lag to play against other player and get a stunning and fluid experience. Also, blizzard is such a mature company so if they decide not to include it then it's probably the right thing to do.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old July 27, 2010, 11:19 AM
MVP

Meh, the difference between AA o and AA off with 480s or sli ing isnt large enough to have to worry. I like having the option to make my games look better, and even for these kind of games as long as its not laggy why not make it look as good as possible.

Of course I love that Blizzard made sure it worked on low end machines, using a GT210 atm and it still looks nice.
Old July 27, 2010, 11:28 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

The segments in Joey's bar look terrible with the jaggies.

OK, at Ultra settings at 1920x1200, you don't even notice.

Last edited by Dr_BenD_over; July 27, 2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old July 27, 2010, 11:51 AM
Top Prospect

I have to echo the thought of why Blizzard didn't put AA in there as an option. I mean what new top tier games these days don't have an option to adjust AA?

When I play thru a game on single player, I'd turn up all the eye candy that my system can take. When going on multiplayer, yes I'll turn down options to get a smoother gameplay.

I guess my comments are more directed to Blizzard rather than ATI in regards to the AA setting.
Old July 27, 2010, 12:02 PM
Rookie

Don't blame ATI, blame Blizzard. While it would be nice to have the option in drivers, I don't think its worth enabling. I didn't feel like I really needed it while playing at my native resolution.

But I agree, it is getting ridiculous with the lack of AA in PC games today.
Old July 27, 2010, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

Smile Translation for the PR illiterate and uninformed

" After evaluating our options, our engineering team opted not to provide AA support for StarCraft II within the Catalyst Control Center, even though the competition has included AA support in their driver at launch. "

translated: We're too cheap and stupid to waste our precious few dollars of 8 billion debt on our screwed up driver teams who still can't make AA work in Batman Arkham Asylum even though our lying PR piece of crash Richard Ruddy swore to Hexus and it's readers he had their very best drive guy working on it and would deliver because ati cares about it's gamer base - EIGHT MONTHS AGO.

"We are committed to making AA perform at an acceptable level before we release it to our customers. We will continue to work with Blizzard on this matter and hope to offer our customers an acceptable AA solution at a later date."

translated: We will never have working AA for this title, we won't be working on it, we could care less until it sells a bazillion copies and zit covered teenagers burn down our Headquarters demanding satisfaction. The way we work with Blizzard is call them up and wail and moan about NVidia already having the problem solved and asking the jerks at Blizzard why they haven't implemented for us since were so broke.
How can we keep our rabid fan base lit on raging fire without jerk companies like Blizzard they can blame for our own sorry CCC crap panel we won't even make forced AA work in ? We've got another scapegoat and it didn't cost us a dime !
A million brainwashed fanboys will scream ati didn't get a fair break and demand while lying to everyone they come across buy ati and screed they hate nvidia at the same time.
So with our plan, our cards suck since our drivers aren't even present, but we still have the upper hand.
Our best bet is to make sure it's a TWIMTBP game then our rabid fanbase will even scream louder and buy it just to run it on their ati cards and cry and moan Nvidia screwed them again.
We don't lift a finger at ati, our card sucks as we don't make complete drivers, but in the end, we win.
Old July 27, 2010, 01:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Is there a way to ignore guest comments on articles and the forum in general?
Old July 27, 2010, 01:31 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
"
translated: We will never have working AA for this title, we won't be working on it, we could care less until it sells a bazillion copies and zit covered teenagers burn down our Headquarters demanding satisfaction. The way we work with Blizzard is call them up and wail and moan about NVidia already having the problem solved and asking the jerks at Blizzard why they haven't implemented for us since were so broke.
How can we keep our rabid fan base lit on raging fire without jerk companies like Blizzard they can blame for our own sorry CCC crap panel we won't even make forced AA work in ? We've got another scapegoat and it didn't cost us a dime !
A million brainwashed fanboys will scream ati didn't get a fair break and demand while lying to everyone they come across buy ati and screed they hate nvidia at the same time.
So with our plan, our cards suck since our drivers aren't even present, but we still have the upper hand.
Our best bet is to make sure it's a TWIMTBP game then our rabid fanbase will even scream louder and buy it just to run it on their ati cards and cry and moan Nvidia screwed them again.
We don't lift a finger at ati, our card sucks as we don't make complete drivers, but in the end, we win.
When you don't have any usefull information or decent personnal input, .. shhhhh. Please keep your personnal rant for yourself... or post it registed in a decent way -.- not our bad if your card run way too hot or if your bad at SC2.

----------------------------------
For myself, I'm not a "graphic whore". I've been running my games on low settings forever, so running SC2 on max settings with my new GPU was awesome. I just love how game looks, and I don't care about AA, I didn't even noticed any chance in other games with AA on/off.

Disclaimer : I don't got any rant against the gtx4xx series -
Old July 27, 2010, 01:53 PM
Banned
F@H

there he goes again.