Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 12, 2010, 11:08 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default NVIDIA GTX 460 Manufacturer Press Release List

With launch day comes the usual barrage of press releases from numerous global vendors, and the GTX 460 is no different, being one of the most anticipated product launches since the original GTX 480 debut. Below we have included links to the pages of various manufacturers' PRs so you can compare different brands to see what features each offers. &... [ Read full article ]
Old July 12, 2010, 11:43 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Various manufacturers', not manufacturer's.
Old July 12, 2010, 01:49 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Woah, what's up with the two different designs? One has a fan in the middle (like XFX's non-reference cards), and the other has the classic reference NVIDIA cooler.
Old July 12, 2010, 03:38 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Damn, no PNY yet. Hopefully soon though, I've really got a new respect for those guys.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old July 12, 2010, 04:02 PM
Banned
F@H

they are in the same boat with...zotac?
Old July 12, 2010, 04:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
they are in the same boat with...zotac?
They have a lifetime warranty on most video cards now, but on paper it's a pretty bad warranty. Haven't dealt with them though.

PNY
Old July 12, 2010, 04:17 PM
Banned
F@H

well unles they refuse you because 'its got dust on the heatsink' or something, or they have crap/no support up here?
Old July 12, 2010, 04:18 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post
They have a lifetime warranty on most video cards now, but on paper it's a pretty bad warranty. Haven't dealt with them though.

PNY

THats the same for all Lifetime Warranties though.

Read EVGA's.

[QUOTEThis limited lifetime warranty is valid for the life of the retail product, so long as the original purchaser owns the product, based upon the following conditions][/QUOTE]

Basically, if the product is no longer Retailed. They either can opt to replace it with something else, or not honour it anymore.

Its the same for all these warranties out there. None will state for the Life of the Product Period. Its always retail life.

As for PNY themselves, they are very professional (had a game issue not card, but they helped immensely still) and knowledgeable. I would buy from them again for sure.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old July 12, 2010, 11:06 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommie986 View Post
Woah, what's up with the two different designs? One has a fan in the middle (like XFX's non-reference cards), and the other has the classic reference NVIDIA cooler.
The reference cooler for this card has a shroud with a fan in the middle. Look at the lower picture on the ASUS page.
Old July 14, 2010, 10:35 AM
F@H

My System Specs

PNY is in, they have GTX460 SC editions comming out first. Yay for XL8R :)

ST