Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 6, 2010, 06:11 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
nVidia didn't brand the 216SP GTX260 any differently from the original. They just called it a GTX260. That's why some partners came up with their own names for it (EVGA's Core 216, BFG's Maxcore), and most didn't name it any differently. Their plan was to discontinue the 192SP version and replace it completely with the 216SP version without having to come up with a new name for it.
.... yes I know, that's exactly what I said. The retailers and as you pointed out some mfg's themselves clearly labeled the 216SP in their descriptions despite NVIDIA's identical naming scheme.

Yes, fine the situation isn't the exact same, but the idea would easily cross over with retailers ensuring that they appropriately label the products clearly.
Old July 6, 2010, 06:53 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
.... yes I know, that's exactly what I said. The retailers and as you pointed out some mfg's themselves clearly labeled the 216SP in their descriptions despite NVIDIA's identical naming scheme.

Yes, fine the situation isn't the exact same, but the idea would easily cross over with retailers ensuring that they appropriately label the products clearly.
Sorry, I didn't read your post properly. I thought you were talking about nVidia, not retailers.