Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 30, 2010, 11:05 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default MSI Launches Two Fuzion Motherboards for Intel and AMD

MSI is continuing the roll out of its Fuzion motherboards with the Lucidlogix's Hydra 200 chip starting with the P55A Fuzion & 870A Fuzion motherboards. The Lucid Hydra chip allow for "non-identical cross-vendor multi-GPU processing", in layman's terms, almost any combination of NVIDIA and/or ATI based graphics cards can be installed on the s... [ Read full article ]
Old June 30, 2010, 11:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Was the original MSI board with the LucidLogix Hydro 100 chip?
Old June 30, 2010, 11:57 AM
Banned
F@H

wasnt performance bad with them cards? i think brother sky mentioned something
Old June 30, 2010, 12:11 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

if i remember correctly, the original lucid based boards did scale, just not as well as standard sli/x-fire even with the same cards. this was thought to be a driver related issue. i haven't heard anything since then about performance
Old June 30, 2010, 12:24 PM
MVP

My System Specs

As much as I'd like to see Lucid's tech proliferate, one hundred sixty Washington's for an AMD 870 board is mighty steep, and that's hitting 890FX territory. The P55 also looks a little slim. Are people that want cross-brand, multi-gpu configurations really going to settle for gussied up budget boards?
Old June 30, 2010, 12:25 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft View Post
if i remember correctly, the original lucid based boards did scale, just not as well as standard sli/x-fire even with the same cards.
Actually, the problem was that they scaled, but they scaled downwards instead of upwards. Performance with mixed cards was actually worse than with a single card.
Old June 30, 2010, 04:46 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Any consumer based product that writes "Millitary Classed" across its components, makes me want to bang my head against the wall.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old July 1, 2010, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Actually, the problem was that they scaled, but they scaled downwards instead of upwards. Performance with mixed cards was actually worse than with a single card.
stop saying some BS stuff... The hydra chips work fine, not as good a 2 same card but still better than a single card. The problem is just that it's still does not really support dedicated Physix support for a ATI/Nvidia mix.

Check this review:
Lucid Hydra 200 Multi-GPU Performance Revealed - HotHardware
Old July 1, 2010, 02:56 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
stop saying some BS stuff... The hydra chips work fine, not as good a 2 same card but still better than a single card. The problem is just that it's still does not really support dedicated Physix support for a ATI/Nvidia mix.

Check this review:
Lucid Hydra 200 Multi-GPU Performance Revealed - HotHardware
Review - MSI Big Bang-FUZION: Lucid Hydra arrives | bit-tech.net
Old July 1, 2010, 03:11 PM
Banned
F@H

unregistred : register and lets hear more :)