Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 23, 2010, 11:10 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Mushkin Announces Callisto Deluxe SSD Series

Mushkin Enhanced, a global leader in high-performance computer products, announced today the release of a new solid state drive series, Callisto deluxe. The Callisto deluxe Series offers new improvements that increase the drives' IOPS (input/output operations per second) to up to 50,000.

"The Callisto deluxe SSD Series is Mushkin Enhanced's fines... [ Read full article ]
Old June 23, 2010, 01:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Press Release

If these are anything like their memory then I'll be keeping an eye on pricing. SSDs are still way too expensive. Can hardly wait for SSD prices to come down to earth. I believe when this happens sales will take off. Those are some awesome speeds!!!

Last edited by fishingfanatic; June 23, 2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old June 24, 2010, 12:49 PM
MVP

Mushkin doesn't really have much to offer here. They're not exactly the most innovative company, nor do they offer the lowest prices.
Old June 24, 2010, 12:51 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungMan View Post
Mushkin doesn't really have much to offer here. They're not exactly the most innovative company, nor do they offer the lowest prices.
Agreed, doesn't seem anythign special, except that this is the first non memory/PSU product they have released in North America.

They launched SSD's in the EU over a year ago and finally decided to bring them out on home soil. To bad for them OCZ, Corsair, G-Skill, Kingston and 90% of the rest of the memory market beat them to it.
Old June 24, 2010, 01:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

there all sand force so i will wait till there something better. jmo
Old June 25, 2010, 08:20 AM
Unregistered

You people forget to understand that the Callisto is actually built in America, all of their memory is manufactured in America.
Old June 26, 2010, 06:33 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Their memory is well priced but there SSD drives are a bit over priced. I also heard there 6 GB 2000Mhz 8-8-7-24 memory kit are now End of Life...