Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 17, 2010, 02:37 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Tritton Wireless AX 180 Univesal Gaming Headset Revealed

Mad Catz Interactive, Inc today announced the launch of the AX 180 wireless gaming headset being launched under the Company's TRITTON gaming audio brand. Based upon the critically-acclaimed wired AX 180, the new wireless TRITTON headset uses 2.4GHz wireless technology to free gamers from wired constraints, allowing total immersion and freedom of m... [ Read full article ]
Old June 17, 2010, 02:39 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Hurray for wireless headsets!
I've been using the Creative HS-1200 wireless unit because there really isn't anything else out there intended for PC :(

This looks like it could be a worth while replacement.
Old June 17, 2010, 02:46 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Warning for double post.

J/K. It looks like it has a wire to the "portable control unit", which is meant to be hung on your belt? Any pics or links of the whole setup would be appreciated.
Old June 17, 2010, 06:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm currently using a wired Tritton AX180, and I'm less than impressed. I've had it for maybe 3 months and its literally falling apart. Three screws have simply fallen out of the frame. When I try to screw them back in, I've come to realize either the threading inside is stripped, or broke altogether. This is causing the hard plastic frame of the headset to start falling apart. And I treat my gear with EXTREME care. Anyone that knows me, knows I'm fanatical about taking care of my electronics.

I've sent an email and two messages via Tritton's 'live support' (which I've yet to see available) and I have yet to receive any kind of response. (first message sent over a week ago)

As much as I'm glad to see more wireless headset competition on the market, I'll avoid this one quite a bit. Bad product and bad customer support add up to 'terrible' in my books.
Old June 26, 2010, 04:09 PM
MVP
F@H

I agree with Caldezar 100% I purchased 3 of these headsets (AX 180) for myself and some family members and I'm severely disappointed. One headset being flawed could be dumb luck, two, not likely but still plausible, but all three exhibiting the same sort of problem?

I've noticed that this headset has a fatal design flaw. All three of the headsets I purchased (less than 2 months ago) are showing signs of fatigue in the plastic head-bar directly above the earphone part. it's the piece that slides in and out of the bigger padded portion which allows for size adjust-ability. the plastic is beginning to crack and show signs it will soon break rendering the headset unusable. I'm very disheartened with the customer service experience relayed by Caldezar as it doesn't bode well for me.

I think I would have to whole-heartedly advise people to stay away from this headset if you want to use your expensive headset for more than a few months before having to toss them out. At 80 bucks a pop, I think Mad Catz should get their act together and address this issue as well as make it right with the people that have purchased this inferior product.

My Heat, Ebay, RedFlagDeals

Rig 1: CM HAF - Rampage Extreme - QX9650 - OCZ Gladiator Max - 4GB Mushkin DDR3 1600 - GTX280 - 2xBarracuda 500GB - 1xBarracuda 250GB - Pioneer DVD - Corsair 1000HX

Rig 2: Thermaltake Armor - P5K-E - E3110 - TRUE w/ 2 120's - 4GB Ballistix DDR2 1066 - 9800GX2 - 2xBarracuda 250GB - Pioneer DVD - Corsair 620HX

Rig3: Antec 900 - P5K-E/Wifi - E5200 - OCZ Vendetta 2 - 4GB OCZ DDR2 800 - 2x 8800GTS's - 1xWD Caviar 80GB - Pioneer DVD - OCZ 650W PSU
Old June 26, 2010, 08:10 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I was hoping these would be good but from the above statements and the fact that there made by Mad Catz Iíll stay away from them. I use the Creative HS-1200 like FiXT and fine the sound quality subpar and they are not very comfortable, but wireless is a most for me.
Old June 26, 2010, 08:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Oooooooooh, so that's what Tritton is. I'm staying far, far away, Mad Catz is a scary name.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old July 26, 2010, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

Default Ax 180

Mine broke in the same place and they are suppose to send me an updated version that does not have this flaw. This will be my 3rd pair in 8 months. If they send me the same thing am about to be pissed! Its like 10 dollars to ship each time...
Old August 2, 2010, 12:04 PM
jymbow

Talking You can't blame Mad Catz

Tritton was recently purchased by Madcatz, so any design flaws cannot be attributed to them. Madcatz has recently (over the past three years) upgraded both their quality and customer service. Madcatz has become a quality company that should be trusted. They will produce these new headsets with their new improved quality. I plan to purchase one with the full confidence that the present is more indicative of Madcatz quality than when Tritton produced their own products.