Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 16, 2010, 08:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rison View Post
How does that differ from now? are you paying less tax at NCIX when you order from them?

13% tax is the same 13% no matter who charges you.
Right now NCIX charges 5% tax since they're out of province and HST is not in effect. Once HST comes in effect, I'll have to pay 13% tax AND shipping if I order from NCIX, instead of walking into my local Canada Computers and paying 13% tax, not having to deal with shipping.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old June 16, 2010, 08:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

it's about damn time know those case that weigh in at a tonne don't have to take a week to get here. this has been a long time coming. hst just helped them speed it up.
Old June 16, 2010, 09:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan4ever View Post
Right now NCIX charges 5% tax since they're out of province and HST is not in effect. Once HST comes in effect, I'll have to pay 13% tax AND shipping if I order from NCIX, instead of walking into my local Canada Computers and paying 13% tax, not having to deal with shipping.
Pretty much. We were all saving by ordering from BC because of the lack of tax. For me in London I have very few local choices, since CC has opened they have gotten more of my business because of the convenience.
Old June 16, 2010, 02:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rison View Post
perhaps it's that I wake up at 5am for work, and absolutely rely on coffee to stay awake.. but why would someone stop buying from NCIX in Ontario, because of the HST switch? you're going to pay the same taxes no matter who you buy from..

As for PP, I thought about purchasing PP a few times, until I read on the NCIX forums that people are pissed they bought it, cause they could still price match lower prices for most of the stuff they buy. Well, I read that until NCIX removed the post(s) from the forums.. I could see if you're looking at buying some server gear or older stuff with more margin - or just to lazy to go around and price match.
Well I am the kind of person that takes those 2 seconds to price match a penny. Yes I price matched $0.01 off an item before.

Shopbot.ca is my favorite site for finding the best deal. I PM like crazy and still think the PP is worth it because of the items I buy and the quantity. I am not joking that you can save $200 buying 2 items.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old June 16, 2010, 06:57 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
Well it depends on what you buy. PP will save you money if you buy enough from NCIX. Some items you save more than others. The 5970 for example was $50 off since day one. The 5970 black edition since day one was $100 off. So people buying the 5970 without PP could have gotten a black edition for the same price with PP. Everything coolit is much cheaper. Any new GPU that runs out of supply the PP price will stay the same even though the non PP price may increase. A lot of items will still be cheaper price matched but I have saved several hundreds of dollars because of PP. Especially that I buy and build computers for friends I can charge the non PP price for stuff.

That was one thing I'd read, that if you PM everything aggressively you'd pretty much get the PP prices anyway... Or it's like getting sale prices without having to wait for a sale.

I definitely wouldn't be a volume buyer, I'm on low income & just looking at a small home business for a few extra bucks a month. Perhaps some high demand items that get high prices on ebay or something. Anyway, if NCIX had a warehouse I could pick up from in the GTA, that might be feasible.

Thanks for the input.
Old June 18, 2010, 09:26 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Finally, quicker orders are always a plus. Kind of off topic but when does HST take in effect? I might have to buy more parts from BC before its too late.
Old June 19, 2010, 02:18 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

July 1st and we start getting hosed on the tax. I spent a whack at ncix this month, might as well get some things before the HST.
Old June 19, 2010, 09:14 AM
Rookie

Yey, a closer location to where I am :D. Not within normal driving distance :(, but at least shipping costs will be much more inexpensive
Old June 19, 2010, 10:36 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Well Kruz we will head out there for a geek expedition when they open this summer. Perhaps we will get Sagath too and we can get a nerdfest on the go.
I am in for this. You should call me sometime, you unemployed-summer off- bum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
That being said, Chrisk, I'll join you in a geek trip to NCIX Ontario!

ST
I expect you there now ST, and much talk of folding to occur. Also I expect free gifts. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
when does HST take in effect? I might have to buy more parts from BC before its too late.
July 1st. But I expect BC to burn itself to the ground before then the way they are crying and kicking their legs over the HST. Bunch of Babies.

Dont you BC'ers know you're only entitled to two things in life? Death and TAXES. Now suck it up and be a man. haha.
Old June 19, 2010, 09:15 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Man am i thankful for living in Alberta. I would hate to have to pay HST.