Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 15, 2010, 09:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

Good for us Quebecers dealing with long shipping delays dealing with NCIX.com. Express shipping is usually 3-4 days for me. Ground shipping is 8 days...

It will be nice to get the stuff in quicker...too bad my "upgrading money" is now all spent for at least a year...
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz / Corsair H100i / Maximus VI HERO / 8GB Corsair Vengeance Red LP 1.5V 1866 / N560GTX Ti Twin FROZR II OC / Corsair Performance Pro 128GB SSD / Intel 520 120GB SSD / WD Black 640 GB storage

ROG G53SX laptop: i7 2630QM / 12GB DDR3 / GTX560m 2GB / 750GB 7200rpm (14 000 3Dmarks06)
Old June 15, 2010, 09:20 PM
F@H

My System Specs

TBH, the two benefits I see are pickups in Markham for those of you within driving range, and reduced shipping times/costs for Ontario, Quebec, and the Maritimes.
Old June 15, 2010, 10:15 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Nice, I know I was likely going to stop shopping NCIX once the HST comes in, since someplace like Memory express has free shipping, or Bewawa is local to me for evening delivery. The difference in prices or with price matching likely wouldn't make up the added shipping/tax costs. I would guess this is a prime reason why they set this location up in the first place.

I was considering getting their premier partner plan, to pick up stuff for reselling. Now that they'd have a centre closer, I might consider it more... Is anybody here on the PP? Can you tell me if it's worth it these days, or are the margins so killer I'd have to sell some obscure high margin crap to make it up?

Oh and a bit of a for Bewawa, just yesterday I ordered a sony optiarc dvdrw, 7240S model on their website for 26.99$, when the guy delivered and I paid for it, I found they gave me a 7260S model and a price of 24.99 for it. Yeah, it's only 2 bucks but it was a pleasant surprise.
Old June 16, 2010, 01:11 AM
Hall Of Fame

nice i wont have to pay for xpress no more since shippin from ontario will take 2 days

evga e760 +920 4.8 water5.0+ on phase linx stable
gtx285 tri-sli
dfi ut-p35 lt
e8600@4.6 1.38v
too much ram
Old June 16, 2010, 04:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daygard View Post
Nice, I know I was likely going to stop shopping NCIX once the HST comes in, since someplace like Memory express has free shipping, or Bewawa is local to me for evening delivery. The difference in prices or with price matching likely wouldn't make up the added shipping/tax costs. I would guess this is a prime reason why they set this location up in the first place.

I was considering getting their premier partner plan, to pick up stuff for reselling. Now that they'd have a centre closer, I might consider it more... Is anybody here on the PP? Can you tell me if it's worth it these days, or are the margins so killer I'd have to sell some obscure high margin crap to make it up?

Oh and a bit of a for Bewawa, just yesterday I ordered a sony optiarc dvdrw, 7240S model on their website for 26.99$, when the guy delivered and I paid for it, I found they gave me a 7260S model and a price of 24.99 for it. Yeah, it's only 2 bucks but it was a pleasant surprise.
Well it depends on what you buy. PP will save you money if you buy enough from NCIX. Some items you save more than others. The 5970 for example was $50 off since day one. The 5970 black edition since day one was $100 off. So people buying the 5970 without PP could have gotten a black edition for the same price with PP. Everything coolit is much cheaper. Any new GPU that runs out of supply the PP price will stay the same even though the non PP price may increase. A lot of items will still be cheaper price matched but I have saved several hundreds of dollars because of PP. Especially that I buy and build computers for friends I can charge the non PP price for stuff.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old June 16, 2010, 05:42 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

perhaps it's that I wake up at 5am for work, and absolutely rely on coffee to stay awake.. but why would someone stop buying from NCIX in Ontario, because of the HST switch? you're going to pay the same taxes no matter who you buy from..

As for PP, I thought about purchasing PP a few times, until I read on the NCIX forums that people are pissed they bought it, cause they could still price match lower prices for most of the stuff they buy. Well, I read that until NCIX removed the post(s) from the forums.. I could see if you're looking at buying some server gear or older stuff with more margin - or just to lazy to go around and price match.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old June 16, 2010, 07:23 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Awesome, I've been wanting this for some time now.
I only wonder if I opt to Pickup if my PP membership only applies to being Online orders.

That being said, Chrisk, I'll join you in a geek trip to NCIX Ontario!

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old June 16, 2010, 08:11 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rison View Post
perhaps it's that I wake up at 5am for work, and absolutely rely on coffee to stay awake.. but why would someone stop buying from NCIX in Ontario, because of the HST switch? you're going to pay the same taxes no matter who you buy from..
It's because I would rather walk into Canada Computers and spend a couple extra bucks on an item, get it instantly, and only pay 13% tax. Rather than pay shipping, 13% tax and then a bit of a wait for shipping.
If there's a great deal at NCIX that is worth it, sure, I'll order from them. I've got nothing against NCIX, just the HST makes me have to rethink my PC parts buying.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old June 16, 2010, 08:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan4ever View Post
It's because I would rather walk into Canada Computers and spend a couple extra bucks on an item, get it instantly, and only pay 13% tax. Rather than pay shipping, 13% tax and then a bit of a wait for shipping.
If there's a great deal at NCIX that is worth it, sure, I'll order from them. I've got nothing against NCIX, just the HST makes me have to rethink my PC parts buying.
QFT

However some items that NCIX has, Bewawa doesn't have and Canada Computers may cost a lot more. If only Canada Computers price match...
Old June 16, 2010, 08:28 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan4ever View Post

How does that differ from now? are you paying less tax at NCIX when you order from them?

13% tax is the same 13% no matter who charges you.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.