Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 2, 2010, 07:22 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Computex 2010: Noctua and Coolink Show a Horde of New Heatsinks

Noctua and Coolink have unveiled their upcoming heatsinks of which some are early prototypes and others are just about ready for production. We don't have much in the way of information regarding these (some are so new that they don't have names yet) but what little specs we could dig out of our contacts is contained in this article.... [ Read full article ]
Old June 2, 2010, 07:26 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Good lord! Some of those are fugly!
Old June 2, 2010, 07:34 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Hey, if they work and you don't have a case window...who cares? ;)
Old June 2, 2010, 07:37 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Hey, I have a window just to show off the nickel plated blocks in my rig. But yes, I could see using those downdraft ones in an HTPC box.
Old June 2, 2010, 07:41 PM
Banned
F@H

wowzers. the down draft ones with dual fans? very nice.

also, for the tri fan dual tower ones.

hmm..curious what it costs the manufacturer to bring it out, when retail price is..say 50.

edit. im wondering if having a slim 140mm over an already low downdraft unit is best in very low profile solutions, like the scythe's shuriken.
Old June 2, 2010, 07:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Good lord! Some of those are fugly!
Ho because they are real??? hahaha, I like the HTPC one, pretty usefull IMO. but the coolink one look like a cpied DH14

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old June 2, 2010, 07:59 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Coolink and Noctua are owned by the same parent company. Coolink (aka Kolink) is the mfg'er arm that IIRC actually "owns" the plants. Thus they and their products are "siblings" of one anther with one more focused on the high end and the other more on the value end of the spectrum.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr