Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Press Releases & Tech News (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/)
-   -   Asus ROG Rampage III Gene Details and Pictures Surface (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/32605-asus-rog-rampage-iii-gene-details-pictures-surface.html)

FiXT May 28, 2010 06:48 PM

Asus ROG Rampage III Gene Details and Pictures Surface

With the Taipei Computex event starting soon, you can expect to see a whole host of un released and hopefully up coming hardware, pictured and detailed here soon. Our first spy snapshot comes in the form of the Asus Republic of Gamers Rampage III Gene motherboard, an LGA1136 matx board utilizing the X58 Express chipset. It may be small, but the boa... [ Read full article ]

martin_metal_88 May 28, 2010 06:56 PM

After many time with these board, I know they are pretty good. But the Chipset cooling isn't enough. They can get pretty hot. Do the look is worth all this pain??? Nice board indeed I would like to have that with a 93- in my HTPC:haha:

_dangtx_ May 28, 2010 08:22 PM

you mean southbridge? i guess if hteres a card to suck air from around it, not only itll get warmer(card) but...you get teh idea.

back in the day id bracket 120's to blow all over. made quite the difference. nothing,in that perspective, has changed since then.

martin_metal_88 May 28, 2010 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _dangtx_ (Post 384147)
you mean southbridge? i guess if hteres a card to suck air from around it, not only itll get warmer(card) but...you get teh idea.

back in the day id bracket 120's to blow all over. made quite the difference. nothing,in that perspective, has changed since then.

My mistake thx for correcting me dan;)

FreeKnight May 29, 2010 10:57 PM

The whole ROG lineup right now is exceptionally good looking. Almost makes you want to have a Antec skeleton or an all clear case so you can gaze lovingly at your parts..... uhhhh or is that just me

Keltron 3030 May 29, 2010 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeKnight (Post 384576)
The whole ROG lineup right now is exceptionally good looking. Almost makes you want to have a Antec skeleton or an all clear case so you can gaze lovingly at your parts..... uhhhh or is that just me

I'd love a Danger Den Torture Rack for this reason :haha: I would want people to drool over my computer if i had a nice setup

Unregistered May 30, 2010 03:45 AM

There is a little mistake in your post: the ASUS ROG Rampage III Gene has a LGA1366 socket, not LGA1156 !

Uberg33k May 30, 2010 06:18 AM

Love the Gene baby!

anonms May 30, 2010 08:25 AM

any word yet when the official launch is? cuz Like a boy I'm excited...

Unregistered May 30, 2010 08:41 PM

I wonder if it's time to upgrade from my awesome P5E-VM HDMI. That was a dream board, oc like hell. What about this new RoG? That would also mean updrage from E8400 to i7 920?