Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 26, 2010, 08:22 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
I am guessing any laptop with this in will be too heavy and too large to effectively use in your lap. Definitely a desktop replacement only.
I know eurocom had this as an option on their X8100 Leopard since before the new year.

And yes, laptop's with this can hardly be called a laptop.
Old May 26, 2010, 10:13 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Thats why they're called "Notebooks"......for folks like me whom spend a lot of time on the road (my job) on planes and in Hotel Rooms these are perfect!!!!

Even the largest Notebooks fit fine on the tray on the plane (Cathay Pacific International has 110v / Internet available for those long flights) and every hotel room has a desk available with both 110v and High Speed Internet.....of course its not for placing on your "Lap" on the couch and Gaming.
Still not a Desktop Replacement as I certainly can't take any of my Desktops on the road....

Old May 26, 2010, 02:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

a bag should not be more then 10% of you weight or it will damage your back. How can we carry these notebook in a bag then? Rolling bag But well...I think that's a stupid Idea. The point of getting a notebook is unpluged time. Even on internet it will drain your battery at the speed of sound. One more bad move for Nvidia IMO.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old May 27, 2010, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Deeival: "Their mobile naming scheme borders on false advertising. "
Actually I think it goes well past the line of "false advertising" into outright lying. Sadly it's nothing new but I agree that this should stop.
Old May 27, 2010, 12:33 PM
MVP
F@H

I'd get a laptop with one of these, but I'm too out of shape to lug something that heavy around all day.
Old May 29, 2010, 04:27 PM
Banned

Might be world's hottest too.
Old May 29, 2010, 04:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
a bag should not be more then 10% of you weight or it will damage your back. How can we carry these notebook in a bag then? Rolling bag But well...I think that's a stupid Idea. The point of getting a notebook is unpluged time. Even on internet it will drain your battery at the speed of sound. One more bad move for Nvidia IMO.
Not really - the whole point is that it's a self-contained system, with no separate monitor or keyboard. Just flip it open and go. And whatever it weighs, it's still far more portable than a desktop. Whether you're looking for unplugged portability or not, that's another matter entirely.

This kind of thing was a godsend during the five years I spent as a long-haul truck driver - at the end of each day/night, I could just plug the unit into the inverter and fire up whatever game I wanted. And in the winter, it helped keep my truck warm