Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 18, 2010, 08:43 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
XFX is the only nVidia partner with a lifetime warranty that remains valid if you use aftermarket cooling with the card. All other partners void the warranty as soon as anything is done to the card, including EVGA.
well my opinion on why evga voids the warranty after that cuz ppl sometimes just dont know what they're doing... but thats why there are like HydroCopper gtx470/480 using em as example all other cards run cooler so i see no reason for upgrade cooler unless extreme overclocking, stock should be able to do fine with mini overclock just keep the cold air coming to the card.

GTX470/480 Hydrocoppers are like best watercooling cards there is in the world
unless Area 51 has some GTX480A51E lol Area51Edition LOL! that would be sick if there was such thing llmfao
Old May 18, 2010, 08:51 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillerz View Post
well my opinion on why evga voids the warranty after that cuz ppl sometimes just dont know what they're doing...
My comment has nothing to do with the reasoning behind it. I was merely pointing out a fact.
Old May 18, 2010, 09:32 PM
Hall Of Fame

LOL,
One of my US gaming buds asked me last fall which Nvidia card to buy...I told him GTX275 from eVGA (ya know, 240 cores plus evga warranty)...he went to Microcenter and bought a BFG GTX285 OC...sad day now!

I seen a few people on THIS forum complaining that BFG told them that they had NO stock for some of the cards for RMA purposes...so, many customers will end up getting BURNED because BFG offered them either to wait or to accept lesser cards.

Seems like FERMI caused a few "collateral damages"...

nVidia probably re-opened a few vendors contracts/agreements...or those vendors didn't like what they saw in FERMI.
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz / Corsair H100i / Maximus VI HERO / 8GB Corsair Vengeance Red LP 1.5V 1866 / N560GTX Ti Twin FROZR II OC / Corsair Performance Pro 128GB SSD / Intel 520 120GB SSD / WD Black 640 GB storage

ROG G53SX laptop: i7 2630QM / 12GB DDR3 / GTX560m 2GB / 750GB 7200rpm (14 000 3Dmarks06)
Old May 18, 2010, 09:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
XFX is the only nVidia partner with a lifetime warranty that remains valid if you use aftermarket cooling with the card. All other partners void the warranty as soon as anything is done to the card, including EVGA.
This is not correct according to the EVGA lifetime warranty.

All EVGA Products purchased ON or AFTER November 1, 2006 MUST be registered within 30 days from ORIGINAL DATE OF PURCHASE to receive our limited lifetime warranty. (All products not registered within 30 days will ONLY receive a 1 year limited warranty.)

Products received by EVGA for RMA replacement that include third party attachments (CPU Heatsink Backplate, Memory chip heatsinks, etc) will have the package returned to the sender. EVGA may choose to remove the 3rd party attachments to continue processing the RMA at its own discretion.

There is no physical damage to the PCB, GPU/chipset, or components that are caused by: Damage due to improper installation, damage during modification of any kind, damage during any type of aftermarket cooling installation, and water damage of any kind.

The product is returned to EVGA in the original factory configuration and condition. All aftermarket modification must be reversed before sending in the product for replacement.

To me, this appears as if EVGA will honor the lifetime warranty as long as the card wasn't damaged
when it comes to modifications/alterations.

Am I mistaken?

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old May 18, 2010, 10:04 PM
F@H

My System Specs

You're not mistaken. I've sent back a card for RMA to EVGA after having an aftermarket cooler on it with no problems.
Old May 18, 2010, 10:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ILVgeARX View Post
Well what I am getting at is some hardware enthusiast change their hardware faster than a hooker with their panties.
Hookers do not change their panties; even when they are wearing them that is. :P The enthusiasts do not continually remove and install the very same card over and over. ;)
Perhaps you mean "faster than a cheap hooker drops their pants or skirt."
hehe
Old May 19, 2010, 02:43 AM
MVP
F@H

Well, I guess I'll have to yank my BFG 8800 OC out, and mothball it next to my Voodoo 5500 in my "museum"(cardboard box in my closet). Ironically, they were the two best pc component purchases I've ever made. And they both still work like new.
Old May 19, 2010, 04:24 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

The Ferminator has claimed it's first victim...

I'v never ever bought an BFG card, I always found them overpriced (aka I could get one from somone else that was cheaper) My Nvidia cards have been Diamond (the orig), Asus, Aopen, Gainward, MSI, Gigabyte or EVGA.

If BFG isn't producing video cards anymore, how in the heck are they going to support a lifetime warranty on the cards out there, they'd have to either not honour the warranty or supply a replacement from a different manufacturer. If you think of it, a lifetime warranty may not be a good thing as some people keep cards for quite a while, not everybody upgrades to every new thing that comes out.
Old May 19, 2010, 04:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJunky View Post
Hookers do not change their panties; even when they are wearing them that is. :P The enthusiasts do not continually remove and install the very same card over and over. ;)
Perhaps you mean "faster than a cheap hooker drops their pants or skirt."
hehe
I got to hand it to you, experience does pay off eh. I am only repeating what a wise men once said to me on MIRC.

Maybe not you, but there seems to be quite a few that do that. Or most people call it cherry picking ;)

I know I have gone through the same board, chip and gpu in the pass years.
Old May 19, 2010, 05:14 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
You're not mistaken. I've sent back a card for RMA to EVGA after having an aftermarket cooler on it with no problems.
This is what I have been told by kruzn who always buys Evga; you just need to remove the custom cooling before sending it in.
Fold for team #54196