Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 5, 2010, 05:15 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
PCP&C is dead. These are Sirfa units. Forget about the quality brand that once existed, because it's not around any more.

A bit of advice to other PSU brands: if you have a good manufacturing relationship with Seasonic, don't screw it up. Going from Seasonic to Sirfa is the polar opposite of an upgrade.
right on. it also has modular and a 135mm fan both of which pc power said was a very bad idea. I love how they gave away their oem in the advertising spec "using High Power's smart fan control", sirfa changed their name to high power.
http://i43.tinypic.com/21azkw7.jpg

Old May 6, 2010, 01:16 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
This is not the 910W Silencer. That was actually a good PSU, despite the noise. Although I'm not a fan of PCP&C's old 80mm fan and non-modular philosophy, switching to Sirfa as an OEM isn't an improvement.
Exactly. While their electrical specs were great, their idea of "Silencer" could be a little suspect before. And now they've got a small form and arguably lesser OEM, but the same power envelope? Doesn't sound promising.