Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 5, 2010, 02:15 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm going to quickly thread res this rather than create a new thread for a few small comments.........

Just picked up one of these from a member, and finally got around to throwing some hardware onto it.... Biggest thing to note is the inclusion of an optional "third leg" which resolves the stability issues many reviews had reported.

Other than that.... if you're interested in looks at all, don't bother using an IDE HDD.... the only way the cable will route is coming up from the front which looks like crap. The PSU cabling is front-and-center (Plug faces the rear of the "case") which also takes away a good part of the clean look so many of us expect from a lian-li product. Build quality is exceptional which should be no surprise to anybody who's used a lian-li product, and as I stated before... if it's been purchased as a true testbed rather than more for looks, there are already many pre-drilled holes to hang stuff off of, and the aluminum is substantial enough that folks shouldn't be shy about drilling their own mounting holes. (just remember to measure twice... drill once). ;)

Overall I think Lian-Li missed the mark a bit on this one.... they've resolved the tipping issue, but having all those sloppy wires sticking out the front (and the lack of pre cut wire routing holes in the motherboard tray) completely detracts from the clean lines folks would want to present with an anodized aluminum case, IMO the PSU mounting needs to be redesigned. The only other real complaint would be to request inclusion of a few pre-anodized L brackets for mounting fans around the edges of the motherboard tray.... they do have an optional 2 X 120MM fan mounting bracket, but it doesn't appear to be available locally, and in all honesty using L brackets (as is the case with the Highspeed techstations) would be fine and wouldn't add much to the cost of production.

Edit: In spite of the slight messiness of the cabling coming from the front, the handle on this, paired with the fact that everything is securely tied down, would probably make for a pretty cool LAN case. :)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP

Last edited by sswilson; November 5, 2010 at 04:15 PM.