Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 25, 2010, 05:22 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Mushkin Redline

Yeah, it took me the better part of three years to get what I have now. It's pretty good, but the speed of the i7s with no fsb restrictions is definitely a big step forward. By the time I can afford it there should be octocore or more, hehe. Every system I build now include Mushkin memory.
Old June 1, 2010, 04:39 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I asked Mushkin about these new Redlines and I was informed they are released in Europe only. So we are stuck with the regular green PCB's.
Old June 1, 2010, 08:58 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Do you seriously buy memory based on pcb color?
Old June 1, 2010, 09:24 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
Do you seriously buy memory based on pcb color?
No not really, but I thought I would update this thread as they won't be available in North America. I have a black/red theme going on inside and out of my case and the redlines match perfectly. So would Corsair Dominator GT's or G Skill Ripjaws/Tridents. Im happy with my kit and wouldn't get rid of it for the black PCB's... that would be silly. But If they were out and available in North America, I would buy them over the green ones since they have the same specs.
Old June 1, 2010, 09:35 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I think Mushkin should differentiate between their levels of memory like they used to. I mean Redline used to be the top, and then XP, HP, etc. Now they have ridgeback, ascent, redline and all that and no one knows what is supposed to be better. All it is is different spreaders and pcb colors. Stupid really.
Old June 1, 2010, 10:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nice one and for sure nice timing. I like:)

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old June 2, 2010, 08:54 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
I think Mushkin should differentiate between their levels of memory like they used to. I mean Redline used to be the top, and then XP, HP, etc. Now they have ridgeback, ascent, redline and all that and no one knows what is supposed to be better. All it is is different spreaders and pcb colors. Stupid really.
I don't find it too confusing... Although I do love Mushkin memory and know a lot about their ram. For reference, this is there DDR3 Triple Channel memory line from best performance to lowest:

Highest Performance
Redline
Blackline
Ridgeback
Silverline
Lowest/Budget RAM

HeatSinks
Ascent: Found on the high end Redline/blackline series. Best cooling performance, great for overclocking. Due to the large width, you cannot have 6 dims of memory. There also may have clearance issues with certain after market heatsinks.

Frostbyte: Found on all the memory series except for the Ridgebacks. Good cooling performance, good for overclocking. Small heatsinks are great to have 3 or 6 dims. Also you can mount any after market heatsink due to the small size.

Ridgeback: Found on the Ridgeback series memory only. Pretty much similar to Frostbyte in respect to performance.

Stiletto: Found on the Silverline and Blackline series only. Offer the lowest memory cooling, not too great for overclocking. Small size will have no issues with aftermarket heatsinks and can be combined in 3 or 6 dims.