Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 24, 2010, 03:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Mushkin Redlines

That's ok, I'm just reading up on overclocking, so I have only overclocked my cpu a bit, and haven't tried anything else.
Old April 24, 2010, 05:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah I just got lazy and never bothered. I should; I'm pretty sure I can really crank this memory and chip hahaha.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old April 24, 2010, 06:00 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
Yeah I just got lazy and never bothered. I should; I'm pretty sure I can really crank this memory and chip hahaha.
Don't you have a 965 Extreme Ed i7 running stock?
Fold for team #54196
Old April 24, 2010, 06:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Don't you have a 965 Extreme Ed i7 running stock?

Yep.

Asshat! hahah
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old April 24, 2010, 06:53 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Talking Mushkin Redline

Man, if you're goin' 980x I'll take that 965!!! That thing must smoke. Surely you'll be burnin' the dust outta that unit at some point. Mushkin and 965 Ex. Do you have a ssd for an OS. Probably 64 bit as well. I had better stop b4 I drown in my drool. lol
Old April 24, 2010, 06:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

No SSD .. Yet. Everyone makes fun of me for not having one though; so I'm gonna pick up a couple soon.

Actually the CPU is underclocked to 2.4 gigs cause I don't even need it to run any faster.

I dunno; yeah the 965 flies; but no more than a 920. I could grab a 980; but I'm going to hold out and wait till something better comes along next year. I honestly wouldn't have this CPU if I had to pay for it.
Old April 24, 2010, 07:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Thumbs up Mushkin Redline

Lucky devil. I'm jealous.
Old April 24, 2010, 07:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You should see some of the other systems around here :P

I wouldnt mind a couple 480's or hell; THE BEHEMOTH!
Old April 24, 2010, 07:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Mushkin Redline

Heck, I just bought 2 5970 Black Edition from XFX. Trade your 965 for one of them. HAHA I don't have a core i7 system yet but figure something will happen soon. I've been building a system up a piece at a time. 10 000 rpm derives,... I don't have a ssd yet either.
Old April 24, 2010, 08:55 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I'm dreaming of a ridiculously nice rig; more than I'll need but that's a long way off, chronically and financially. But I was thinking about brands and I think I'll definitely use Mushkins in that eventual build and not just because they're solid products; I like their business model too. Of course, I'd like it better if they manufactured local (and I could work there haha) but they seem to have factories in Taiwan which is pretty good to its' factory workers though admittedly, it's hard to tell if they're actually made in Taiwan or by a Tawainese company that may be contracting exploited workers in China or other less worker-friendly governments. If anyone knows more, about any company, I'd love to know. You should probably PM me though, I have a bad habit of derailing threads.