Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old April 11, 2010, 02:33 PM
Unregistered Dude
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

@FiXT

Hey man, thanks for making a post that actually makes sense in this whole thread. Now I feel obligated to clarify my posts and opinions.

As a person with enough money to constantly upgrade my computers I have never felt the need to isolate myself to a handful of vendors and companies, but unfortunately I also have to earn that money so making rational decisions when buying 2000$+ computers is essential for avoiding the buyer's remorse syndrome. Most of the people are simply interested in the brute performance of the hardware, and they tend to completely disregard the other functions and overall enjoyment of using computers in everyday work and fun. I used to own two 8800s GT in SLI that absolutely dominated every game, but like Lord Nasher from Neverwinter Nights 2 once said: By every god and his mother, what a fool I was... It was all fun and games in the winter, but in the summer all hell would break loose, and I finally got sinusitis from failing to occasionally turn off the air conditioner. I would still endure the heat, but my Corsair 650TX decided to take the dirt nap due to SLI rape. After switching to two Gainward golden sample 4850s in crossfire I must admit that having a more efficient GPU really has it's perks. I cannot hear my computer working, I don't have to worry about losing another PSU, my system still dominates games performance wise and I even paid those cards less than anything I have ever bought from Nvidia. For me, that's a clear win situation, and not some bias that I developed reading internet sites. Besides, no one can be truly objective without having an intimate relation with the debate issue.

If I was to upgrade now, I would certainly buy 5870 vapor x. It's fast, cool and quiet. Not just fast.

@the boys who cried "troll"

Here some more trolling videos for you, so you can cry yourselves to sleep.

YouTube - GTX 480 Vs HD 5870 Crysis Showdown
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old April 11, 2010, 03:30 PM
Silvgearx's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,106

My System Specs

Default

Dang a little late to the party.

Like FiXT mention, everyone should be able to freely express there opinions.

I notice all unregistered dudes post are all removed. But why are those post calling someone else a troll still left trolling on this thread?

On topic now,

Funny, early eh, so we all put as side how nvidia toss and played us like fools? 6 months late and putting a side the bad drivers that we been getting lately. Early for 1-2 day does not make up for the half year delay.
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old April 11, 2010, 04:14 PM
Supergrover's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Okanagan Falls, British Columbia
Posts: 4,246

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
Actually ya, if it breeds discussion, I would actually encourage it. I hate seeing people being censored because they happen to express an opinion that is contrary to what other people think. There is to much of that already on these forums. As soon as someone cuts against the grain they are censored, deleted, reported and/or banned. I have more freedom in my country than on the internet.

Some of the posts here were definitely inflammatory, but one of the posts by Unregistered Dude, aside from expressing his dislike with NVIDIA - which is a personal opinion - was not harmful at all until it was responded to. His belief was that the cards produce a ton of noise. He provided some - albiet it weak - evidence for that.

Instead of contradicting him, the only responses were to call him a "troll", complain about his bias and say he should be reported. The responses were LESS productive than the so called "troll" post in the first place.


I realize our forum members think they are a more mature crowd, but in actual fact, by wiping away any sort of conflict instead of ignoring or logically responding to it, just shows we are in fact immature in addressing problems.


In the words of Voltaire "I may not agree with the words you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
"
You are completely correct but you fail to realize that isnt what I was saying, Common contrasty and respectful discussions are always to be welcomed, immature comments like this:
Quote:
@YukonTrooper

Enjoy your 5850 that comes with a space heater and a vacuum cleaner for only 100$ more.
are to what be condoned by HCF New Posters now?
Discussions are great childish comments that don't have the facts to support them are just that childish.
(yes I realize they generate heat and are loud then provide facts to go with statement's like that)

I dont have a problem with ppl saying how they feel but how they say it.

Quote:
his site is provided to you for free, and you are free to disagree with other posters but mutual respect of fellow forum members is expected.
Rule # 1 of HWC I always thought

I guess you and I differ.
Anyways I am done with this pettiness Keet.
__________________
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old April 11, 2010, 08:35 PM
Silvgearx's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,106

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered Dude View Post
Just a reminder. Fermi architecture was supposed to be released in November of 2009, or so Nvidia told us. Calling an April launch "early" is completely ridiculous. Even by Nvidia's standards.
I guess this was the material used to prepare for the bonfire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post
Thanks for signing in as a guest and giving us the reminder. You've definitely convinced me to cancel my GTX 470 pre-order. I mean, who in their right mind would ever order a product that was late? ATI 4 life.
And heres the matches.

And all those "regulars" adding more fuel. Dammmmmmmmmmn

This is not about a single troll anymore.

Quote:
I dont have a problem with ppl saying how they feel but how they say it.
Well said.

Whats wrong with people stating the obvious, I though we were free to express ourselves.

HCF Rules
Quote:
This site is provided to you for free, and you are free to disagree with other posters but mutual respect of fellow forum members is expected.
Now where is this respect from Trooper's comment? Did he not just make a total jackass of the "friendly reminder." I myself would of taken that pretty offensively.


Quote for Truth
Quote:
Instead of contradicting him, the only responses were to call him a "troll", complain about his bias and say he should be reported. The responses were LESS productive than the so called "troll" post in the first place.
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old April 11, 2010, 09:22 PM
SugarJ's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Langley, BC
Posts: 6,075

My System Specs

Default

You are free to express yourselves, within the rules of the forum as posted by the owner. I removed 2 posts that I considered to contain a personal attack on another individual, which is not allowed here. You can discuss anything you want and state whatever opinions you have, as long as respect and civility are shown towards others.

Back on topic, it's nice to hear that some of nVidia's partners busted their butts to ship some cards before the projected street date. It'll be interesting to see results from the early adopters, and see how happy they are with their cards.
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old April 11, 2010, 09:51 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 14

My System Specs

Default

Well I ordered a Vanilla GTX 480 fron ncix, it started shipping on Friday just gone, I may have it Monday depending on purolator (paid express shipping).
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old April 12, 2010, 07:06 AM
MVP
F@H
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Quebec
Posts: 366

My System Specs

Default

I'dd like to get one so I can run the heaven bench on max settings... tesselation is one of a heck nice thing, but i think my 5770 just won't cut it in games that actually can have those stuff enabled (dx11, tesselation). I might need another one for crossfire.. :( knew this would get me in expensive stuff...

OT: Is dirt 2 nice with all the stuff enabled ? I think I could run it on max settings with my 5770..

Edit: the cat in the fax picture was a good laugh, thanks for posting it !

Last edited by Behemoth-; April 12, 2010 at 08:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old April 12, 2010, 07:11 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mj,Sk
Posts: 83

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
Actually ya, if it breeds discussion, I would actually encourage it. I hate seeing people being censored because they happen to express an opinion that is contrary to what other people think. There is to much of that already on these forums. As soon as someone cuts against the grain they are censored, deleted, reported and/or banned. I have more freedom in my country than on the internet.

Some of the posts here were definitely inflammatory, but one of the posts by Unregistered Dude, aside from expressing his dislike with NVIDIA - which is a personal opinion - was not harmful at all until it was responded to. His belief was that the cards produce a ton of noise. He provided some - albiet it weak - evidence for that.

Instead of contradicting him, the only responses were to call him a "troll", complain about his bias and say he should be reported. The responses were LESS productive than the so called "troll" post in the first place.


I realize our forum members think they are a more mature crowd, but in actual fact, by wiping away any sort of conflict instead of ignoring or logically responding to it, just shows we are in fact immature in addressing problems.


In the words of Voltaire "I may not agree with the words you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. "
Top notch post my friend, to be honest i don't post as much as i could because i know there are a couple of regulars here that have to be snide or condescending towards those they disagree with or feel they are more entitled to voice an opinion because they participate regularly.

I can see why someone would choose to comment as unregistered. And just to be on topic when i first read the title i thought it was extremely forgiving in light of the Fermi architectures misgivings and troubled run up to it's admittedly delayed target dates.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NVIDIA Releases 197.41 WHQL Drivers for GTX 400 Series FiXT Press Releases & Tech News 0 April 9, 2010 10:42 AM
the Nvidia geforce 8800 gtx shayan288 Gaming 24 November 11, 2008 12:56 PM
Swiftech Introduces it's new waterblock for NVidia GeForce 8 series Babrbarossa Press Releases & Tech News 1 June 3, 2007 12:54 PM