Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old April 10, 2010, 07:42 PM
MVP
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 276
Default

I think he missed YT's sarcasm. Still not funny though.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old April 10, 2010, 07:52 PM
rjbarker's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Courtenay, B.C
Posts: 5,932

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
rj they're only looking for attention,best to ignore It.
Yeah I know....truth is ...go over to any of the ATI Card Reviews and you see absolutely NO nvidia folks thier "bashing / trolling"...yet these 470 / 480 Threads get "bashed" immediately by some of the ATI hood folks....wtf!!!...guess they're feeling a tad "insecure" as the numbers start pouring in.... ;)

C'est La Vie.....I just may go a little pre-mature here and jump on the next batch of 480's to hit the shelves......
__________________
Introducing me n my OCD to Watercooling, is like taking an Alcoholic to an "all you can drink" Beach Bar in Mexico

.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old April 10, 2010, 08:36 PM
r0bc's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: AB
Posts: 688

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Yeah I know....truth is ...go over to any of the ATI Card Reviews and you see absolutely NO nvidia folks thier "bashing / trolling"
Tells you something don't it.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old April 11, 2010, 05:27 AM
matsta31's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,204
Default

lol, maybe the fact that Green team had nothing launched for 58** helped.

I dont buy green team fans are so much better red team... come on.
__________________

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old April 11, 2010, 09:36 AM
chrisk's Avatar
Folding Captain
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: GTA, Ontario
Posts: 7,403

My System Specs

Default

Do we have to put up with this crap in every nVidia video card thread now?

Anyone on these boards get a 4xx card yet?
__________________
Fold for team #54196
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old April 11, 2010, 09:54 AM
Supergrover's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Okanagan Falls, British Columbia
Posts: 4,248

My System Specs

Default

Guys simply dont feed the trolls, simply report them using the report post button and a Mod will deal with the posts.

Dude you have said your piece now simply move on.
Attached Images
 
__________________
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old April 11, 2010, 10:26 AM
FiXT's Avatar
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: GVRD
Posts: 3,343

My System Specs

Default

Or don't even waste time reporting and just ignore it lol. If you see it as trolling great. IMO there is no reason why someone shouldn't be able to express their opinion, wrong or not.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old April 11, 2010, 10:46 AM
Supergrover's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Okanagan Falls, British Columbia
Posts: 4,248

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
Or don't even waste time reporting and just ignore it lol. If you see it as trolling great. IMO there is no reason why someone shouldn't be able to express their opinion, wrong or not.
Okay...... so you want your news threads derailed from the topic?

Personally I have no problem with anyone's option, like aholes everyone has their own, but as stated state your opinion and leave it at that. I would have to say most members would have no problem if that was the case.

Anyways back OT: I wont be buying into this gen of NV, too much heat and power IMO, maybe after a die shrink.
__________________
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old April 11, 2010, 12:21 PM
FiXT's Avatar
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: GVRD
Posts: 3,343

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
Okay...... so you want your news threads derailed from the topic?
Actually ya, if it breeds discussion, I would actually encourage it. I hate seeing people being censored because they happen to express an opinion that is contrary to what other people think. There is to much of that already on these forums. As soon as someone cuts against the grain they are censored, deleted, reported and/or banned. I have more freedom in my country than on the internet.

Some of the posts here were definitely inflammatory, but one of the posts by Unregistered Dude, aside from expressing his dislike with NVIDIA - which is a personal opinion - was not harmful at all until it was responded to. His belief was that the cards produce a ton of noise. He provided some - albiet it weak - evidence for that.

Instead of contradicting him, the only responses were to call him a "troll", complain about his bias and say he should be reported. The responses were LESS productive than the so called "troll" post in the first place.


I realize our forum members think they are a more mature crowd, but in actual fact, by wiping away any sort of conflict instead of ignoring or logically responding to it, just shows we are in fact immature in addressing problems.


In the words of Voltaire "I may not agree with the words you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. "

Last edited by FiXT; April 11, 2010 at 12:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old April 11, 2010, 01:10 PM
matsta31's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,204
Default

Wow Fixt, I tought the mods and webiste representant were all going censoring crazy with this Green vs red stuff. I was just proven wrong. Great post.
__________________

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NVIDIA Releases 197.41 WHQL Drivers for GTX 400 Series FiXT Press Releases & Tech News 0 April 9, 2010 10:42 AM
the Nvidia geforce 8800 gtx shayan288 Gaming 24 November 11, 2008 12:56 PM
Swiftech Introduces it's new waterblock for NVidia GeForce 8 series Babrbarossa Press Releases & Tech News 1 June 3, 2007 12:54 PM