Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 2, 2010, 09:00 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Thermaltake Launches Low-Profile CPU Cooler SlimX3 Ideal for Low Profile PCs and HTPCs

Thermaltake, leading DIY thermal solutions brand, launch their all-new low profile CPU especially targeting Home Theater PC users, the Thermaltake SlimX3. Since for Home Theater PCs usually small and mini size cases are used, the CPU cooler performance is of utmost importance, it has to come with a very small footprint in order to fit into the case... [ Read full article ]
Old April 2, 2010, 09:29 AM
Top Prospect

cannot hear anything that the girl in the video is saying...
Old April 2, 2010, 09:32 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Intel only? Fail. Many, many HTPCs are running AMD + 780/785G (Including my own Minion HTPC). Neglecting a socket type is just plain stupidity nowadays.
Old April 2, 2010, 10:11 AM
Banned
F@H

+1 for above and lets see it against the shuriken :)
Old April 2, 2010, 10:14 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Have to agree with ya there Cmet. Seems pretty foolish as AMD for HTPCs is a great option. My guess it is designed with the new'ish Intel chips w/ integrated graphics market niche in mind.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old April 2, 2010, 10:20 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Have to agree with ya there Cmet. Seems pretty foolish as AMD for HTPCs is a great option. My guess it is designed with the new'ish Intel chips w/ integrated graphics market niche in mind.
Intel + their integrated is weaker than 780g no? And less common too.

Looks like AMD HTPC users will have to stick the the SS NT07-AM2 for low-profile systems.
Old April 2, 2010, 10:28 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Never said is was a GOOD idea Cmet. :)~
As for HTPCs...the 661 looks to be a very good chip. Pros and cons to AMD vs Intel for HTPC. I like em both for dif reasons.
But yeah, it sucks AMD HTPC users are being left out in the cold...again.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old April 2, 2010, 10:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ok probably the worst video ever...Seriouusly CM is right most of HTPC are AMD and will remain for a time. More and more I wonder why to buy TT cooler they suck they are noisy most of the time they don't fit all our need and they can't even have great sound in the video + someone that have a good english to do their video. lol.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old April 3, 2010, 03:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
Intel only? Fail. Many, many HTPCs are running AMD + 780/785G (Including my own Minion HTPC). Neglecting a socket type is just plain stupidity nowadays.
Not at all, most intel processors are still superior in movie and sound encoding, not to mention they also have lower power consumption

For a all around HTPC machine intel is still the better choice, except for that price premium one have to pay
Old April 3, 2010, 03:33 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Thats kind of surprising that they would neglect AMD sockets especially for htpc since they seem to typically operate better then some intel htpc mobo/systems i've seen (except atom, i stand by the atom iontix system)