Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Press Releases & Tech News (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/)
-   -   Thermaltake Launches Low-Profile CPU Cooler SlimX3 Ideal for Low Profile PCs and HTPCs (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/30558-thermaltake-launches-low-profile-cpu-cooler-slimx3-ideal-low-profile-pcs-htpcs.html)

FiXT April 2, 2010 09:00 AM

Thermaltake Launches Low-Profile CPU Cooler SlimX3 Ideal for Low Profile PCs and HTPCs

Thermaltake, leading DIY thermal solutions brand, launch their all-new low profile CPU especially targeting Home Theater PC users, the Thermaltake SlimX3. Since for Home Theater PCs usually small and mini size cases are used, the CPU cooler performance is of utmost importance, it has to come with a very small footprint in order to fit into the case... [ Read full article ]

Zillerz April 2, 2010 09:29 AM

cannot hear anything that the girl in the video is saying...

CMetaphor April 2, 2010 09:32 AM

Intel only? Fail. Many, many HTPCs are running AMD + 780/785G (Including my own Minion HTPC). Neglecting a socket type is just plain stupidity nowadays.

_dangtx_ April 2, 2010 10:11 AM

+1 for above and lets see it against the shuriken :)

AkG April 2, 2010 10:14 AM

Have to agree with ya there Cmet. Seems pretty foolish as AMD for HTPCs is a great option. My guess it is designed with the new'ish Intel chips w/ integrated graphics market niche in mind.

CMetaphor April 2, 2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkG (Post 357969)
Have to agree with ya there Cmet. Seems pretty foolish as AMD for HTPCs is a great option. My guess it is designed with the new'ish Intel chips w/ integrated graphics market niche in mind.

Intel + their integrated is weaker than 780g no? And less common too.

Looks like AMD HTPC users will have to stick the the SS NT07-AM2 for low-profile systems.

AkG April 2, 2010 10:28 AM

Never said is was a GOOD idea Cmet. :)~
As for HTPCs...the 661 looks to be a very good chip. Pros and cons to AMD vs Intel for HTPC. I like em both for dif reasons.
But yeah, it sucks AMD HTPC users are being left out in the cold...again.

martin_metal_88 April 2, 2010 10:33 AM

Ok probably the worst video ever...Seriouusly CM is right most of HTPC are AMD and will remain for a time. More and more I wonder why to buy TT cooler they suck they are noisy most of the time they don't fit all our need and they can't even have great sound in the video + someone that have a good english to do their video. lol.:rofl:

Silvgearx April 3, 2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMetaphor (Post 357942)
Intel only? Fail. Many, many HTPCs are running AMD + 780/785G (Including my own Minion HTPC). Neglecting a socket type is just plain stupidity nowadays.

Not at all, most intel processors are still superior in movie and sound encoding, not to mention they also have lower power consumption :ph34r:

For a all around HTPC machine intel is still the better choice, except for that price premium one have to pay :bleh:

Arinoth April 3, 2010 03:33 PM

Thats kind of surprising that they would neglect AMD sockets especially for htpc since they seem to typically operate better then some intel htpc mobo/systems i've seen (except atom, i stand by the atom iontix system)