Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 31, 2010, 06:59 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

This Post as Been Edited.

Acid , Since you have it Set so you can't Receive PM's here it is.
You have Chosen to go against what SKYMTL had requested and as such are getting a Temp Ban for 7 Days.

We take the care of this Forum Seriously and I advise everyone to think before they post something that goes against the Rules and Forum.

- ST
Asus M3A79-T Deluxe 790FX (MX-2 NB + SB)
2x2GB G.Skill Pi Black @ 900MHz 444-12
PNY "XLR8" 9800GX2 @ 704/2202/1760
Seagate 500GB + XP SP3
22" Acer P223w @ 1680x1050
Modded Lian Li PC-60F
SB Audigy 2 w/ Heatsink

Last edited by Soultribunal; March 31, 2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old March 31, 2010, 08:52 PM
Banned
F@H

err...what happened?
Old March 31, 2010, 09:34 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Good to see these cards are going to be sold out for a good while regardless of "issues" . All this means is that those who adopt these cards first, beat the hell out of them and RMA them will get the kinks ironed out a whole lot faster. Im looking at this as paying to beta test new generation hardware. I did the same with my 5870 when I bought it literally the second it hit retail for sales and I have paid the price for that(I have a card that will not overclock a single mhz regardless of voltage). Had I not gotten my 5870 I probably would be one anxiously awaiting a shiny new GTX 470/480 (depending on actual pricing, i paid over 500 for my 5870 on launch date so price wouldnt have been the issue, but availibility.)

As for those trolling with so much hate and belligerant behaviours - Did you guys personally have an involvement in the engineering or actual production of said technology? I find it funny to get bent out shape so badly for someone elses work. Its fine to critique the product, or to have a strong opinion but some of this is hilarious.
Old April 1, 2010, 05:11 AM
Rookie

I will be happy if I can find one on launch day at the actual prices and not some outrageous mark ups. :-)

Last edited by shaolin95; April 1, 2010 at 05:21 AM.
Old April 1, 2010, 06:12 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I have to say I am shocked as to how many etailers are sticking to MSRP. I had always predicted consumers would be slaughtered by ridiculous markups and thankfully I was mostly wrong there.
Old April 1, 2010, 06:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nvidia always has a bit of a "core market" that like the features off their cards (PhysX, 3D vision, etc.) that will buy their stuff almost always.... same with Eyefinity for ATI.

The only thing that bugs me is people who try to tell me that ATI is better in EVERY SINGLE WAY. Nvidia has pros too, if those pros are not in line with what you want then don't buy it... obviously an ATI card is right for you.

And I think temp-bans would be good because if you look what is going on over at [H]... total chaos.
Old April 1, 2010, 07:01 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

The mods are actively watching all Fermi-based threads. Temp bans ARE being handed out so there is no worry of our threads descending into a shit-flinging contest like the one at [H] did.
Old April 1, 2010, 07:04 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I just hope people like Acid don't overreact when temp-banned, it is probably for their own good (don't do anything dumb that nets you a total ban) and the forums good.

I haven't been around long but this is the most arguement I have ever seen over a product... pretty sure car-nuts wouldn't get this intense over brands.
Old April 1, 2010, 07:46 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
The mods are actively watching all Fermi-based threads. Temp bans ARE being handed out so there is no worry of our threads descending into a shit-flinging contest like the one at [H] did.
Thank God!
I think I am gonna start hanging around here more often.
Hard has become worst every day. The main problem there, and pardon me for being too honest, is that Kyle seems to be too "friendly" with some companies or else how do you explain a freaking Eyefinity article every few days and his constant dismiss of 3d vision based on "ugly glasses" I mean, how dumb of an excuse is that for a technology that actually allows you to experience all those lovely 3d games we play in ACTUAL 3D?!
Or how do you explain that their Zalman coolers seem to be unique by beating coolers like Megahalems and the Noctua NH-D14 when everyone else testing coolers have opposite results?
So as long as you are not ripping on ATI you are cool to post any stupid comment or thread there....
Sorry for the rant.

Regarding prices, I am impressed as well that at least at this time, prices look good.
Now I just need to decide, 470 SLI or 480 SLI (will take longer to do)?

Last edited by shaolin95; April 1, 2010 at 07:58 AM.
Old April 1, 2010, 08:00 AM
F@H

My System Specs

This is why when i read a review i take it with a grain of salt and try to compare it against others as well to see if they line up for the most part. If they do then i'll go with the general consensus, but if it doesnt i'll typically stick with the people i trust the most (i'm lookin at you reviews on HWC).

Was i looking forward to the gtx 400 series, yes. Will i be buying one, no, they dont meet my own expectations for cost vs performance for the type of games and resolutions i game it (well and the power/heat but we dont go there). So right now i'll buy an ATI 5870, but later on if say a 485 or 495 comes out and beats the pants off of anything ati has and is a good cost vs performance i'll pick it up. Remember people, in the world of technology things always change and what was on top may no longer be a few months later.