Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 31, 2010, 08:30 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I think it is important to focus upon something important here. Considering the numbers I have been hearing, it is more than obvious these will be VERY popular cards at least in the short term. This could pressure AMD to lower the prices of their cards which would be great for end users IMO.
Come on $299.99 5850 Toxic
Old March 31, 2010, 08:52 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default buying any DX11 card is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCid888* View Post
I think we can all agree that buying any DX11 card is stupid at the moment.....we all know first gen tech is not always that great and its always better to wait until all the bugs are ironed out.
Absolutely Exactly Correct!
Lovin my 5850 though;
2033 w tessellation looks so fantastic.
hmm... I wonder how much it would cost me to get a 480 if I sold the 5850?
MAIN: i5 3570 @ 4.5Ghz wH100 / evga GTX780 SOC / MSI Z77A-G45 / 8gb G.Skill 2133 1T / 30" 2560x1600 / Antec P280 / PCP&C 950w / Intel 520 SSD 240gb / Eclipse / G3-Lazer / z5300 / Win7 Pro64 / APC Xs1300
HTPC : nMedia6000B / AMD X2 4400+ / M2A-VM / Corsair 4GB 800 / LiteOn Blu-Ray / 8800GT / Samsung 46"LCD / 2x2TB / OCZ500 / ATI550 / Wrless Kbrd & Rmte / z-5500 / Win7Pro / APC700
"You must be the change you want to see in the world" 
- Mahatma Gandhi  
Old March 31, 2010, 09:00 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDiaz
Knew it would happen... fanboys will still buy FERMI even if you can fry an egg on top of them

Next person that utters the word "fanboys" when it comes to either ATI or NVIDIA gets a temp ban. I've had it.
^^^ Its a bit friggin much alright......this Site always attracted me as it was a very mature crowd........things have sure changed here over the past month......a lot of immature childish Posts with absolutely nothing "constructive"....just "attacks".........I'm personally taking a sabatical from this Forum for awhile, perhaps that threat for Temporary bans will "clean things up" a bit........too bad real......

Old March 31, 2010, 09:44 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCid888* View Post
I'll say it seeing as no one else wants to....

Fanboys will buy anything.
Excuse me? I'm not a fanboi. I'm simply after the pros that the 400 series offers. C'mon, aCid, leave the poorly thought out posts to the "guests" and people who signed up specifically to bla bla bla about how Fermi kills babies.
Old March 31, 2010, 09:57 AM
Rookie

I honest think that Acid guy should be banned at least for a while, reading this thread I am amazed at how much he is allowed to troll without warnings :-(
Old March 31, 2010, 09:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

9.99 $ ban bat again ?

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old March 31, 2010, 10:06 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
I honest think that Acid guy should be banned at least for a while, reading this thread I am amazed at how much he is allowed to troll without warnings :-(
You can't ban everyone that does not agree with you. I agree that some posts in this thread are borderline trolling, they are not that bad and some people need to stop taking themselves so seriously.

I've never in my life ever seen another computer peripheral that causes so much blatent anger. In the end, it does not matte to most because their minds are made up long before the purchase anything. All I am saying is that both sides need a drink or something because many are making this mole hill into Mt. Everest.
Old March 31, 2010, 10:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
All I am saying is that both sides need a drink or something because many are making this mole hill into Mt. Everest.
........just made me thirsty......
Old March 31, 2010, 10:15 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
You can't ban everyone that does not agree with you. I agree that some posts in this thread are borderline trolling, they are not that bad and some people need to stop taking themselves so seriously.

I've never in my life ever seen another computer peripheral that causes so much blatent anger. In the end, it does not matte to most because their minds are made up long before the purchase anything. All I am saying is that both sides need a drink or something because many are making this mole hill into Mt. Everest.

I agree. It makes our lives harder (Staff) as a direct result.

This Launch and subsequent comment threads has really proven to both the staff and members what peoples true colours really are.

So long as we are Dimplomatic without the mudslinging everything is fine usually. This has not been the case as of late and never before have we had to clamp down on the Site as we have now.

Lets keep it civil and all is well.

And Shalolin - no worries, we don't always make Warnings Public Knowledge unless it is to set an example of someone or some issue in particular.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 31, 2010, 10:29 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
^^^ Its a bit friggin much alright......this Site always attracted me as it was a very mature crowd........things have sure changed here over the past month......a lot of immature childish Posts with absolutely nothing "constructive"....just "attacks".........I'm personally taking a sabatical from this Forum for awhile, perhaps that threat for Temporary bans will "clean things up" a bit........too bad real......
Definitely with you on that one RJ. Usually good constructive discussions on here. Too bad. I hope this isn't the direction the site is taking. There are better discussions going on other sites right now......never thought I'd say that.