Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 25, 2010, 11:43 PM
Associate Review Editor

Good attempt at humour but failed execution. The writing is too vague and long-winded and he definitely shouldn't have e-mailed it to everyone. Not to mention the date.

I totally understand the desire to razz forum users though, since all too often its oh-so-clear that those asking questions made zero attempts at finding the answers themselves.

If properly done (& not emailed to everyone) that joke could have been funny to anyone who's ever done after having an obvious question answered, but then again many can't admit and laugh at their own moments ignorance or lazyness.
Old March 26, 2010, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs down KISS

KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid comes to mind. I remember Intel getting into trouble for have a number embeded in some CPU's to allow tracking.

OK, April Fool but look at all the bad press MSI are getting/will get... This makes MSI how can not be bothered to lis all the motherboard models the produce on there own website, so how could anyone seeking help get it
Old March 26, 2010, 06:01 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Where I work, we sell mainly MSI motherboards - because they are cost effective (cheap) and are mostly defect-free. For the average home user, it's a good product. However, we do advance-RMA for our customers and stock 10+ of the common motherboards, so the customer doesn't have to deal with MSI. Its usually a terrible nightmare cross between mutant clowns and girls gone wild.

Because of this douche, we've had 6 calls yesterday from business customers complaining - saying they want different motherboards installed. I haven't checked the phone messages yet this morning.. but I bet there will be a few more.

Guess what, manager came down this morning.. we're switching to either ASUS or Gigabyte. Goodbye 35-50 motherboard sales per month for MSI. The extra $10-15 per board is worth it IMO.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old March 26, 2010, 11:29 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

As I work in tech-support myself I can understand the frustration. However, taking it to the extent of not supporting customers is just stupid. MSI is definitely losing sales over this.
Old March 26, 2010, 01:02 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Just so everybody is clear here.... it was an early April Fool's joke gone bad on a user run website.

That said.... it was a PR nightmare.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old March 26, 2010, 01:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Just so everybody is clear here.... it was an early April Fool's joke gone bad on a user run website.

Wow, the admins replies really did not make it seem that way.
Old March 26, 2010, 01:49 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post

so why it's on the press release section.... you don't want we put link about Fermi leak, but april joke that damage credibility of MSI is ok
Old March 26, 2010, 01:57 PM
Associate Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
so why it's on the press release section....
Because MSI sent it out.

Quote:
you don't want we put link about Fermi leak
Why should we help support sites that break the rules that we abide by?