Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Press Releases & Tech News (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/)
-   -   MSI Launches R5870 & R5850 Twin Frozr II Graphics Cards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/30214-msi-launches-r5870-r5850-twin-frozr-ii-graphics-cards.html)

FiXT March 23, 2010 11:11 AM

MSI Launches R5870 & R5850 Twin Frozr II Graphics Cards

MSI today launched the R5870/R5850 Twin Frozr II, the latest in the Twin Frozr series of graphics display adaptors designed for outstanding cooling performance that have won praise from the media. In addition to the latest technologies such as ATI Stream, Eyefinity and DX11, which are supported by the standard ATI Radeon HD5870 and HD5850 GPUs, the... [ Read full article ]

Unregistered March 23, 2010 07:08 PM

another one

Yes,Yes this is great to see another vender building these high end cards with better cooling higher clocks and more ram, and as with my last post it would be really GREAT to see these cards put through the paces, I know the old story "you get what you pay for" but lets be realistic, can these cards run these newer games and some of the older ones too, at a decent frame rate with a decent resolution on 2 or 3 monitors????? That is the question eh!!!

Noiseless Inductors hhmmm never heard that one before, heard herd (spelling) get it hehehaha Soooo let me guess these cards run so quiet you can't here them!???

Well shall we put these to the test to Canucks????

Would be interesting to hear them in full speed ahead gaming eh!

Please don't get me wrong, if i could afford them i would have them and find out for myself, but right now i just don't have the loonies to go for it and these are probably not out yet,

and i am saving up some loonies for Win7 os and more ram and a new Video adapter weather it be ATI or Nvidia depends on the reviews of these new 5850's and 5870's ok later all.

MarkOne March 23, 2010 07:18 PM

Yes the Inductors are noiseless, I have 2 frozr 260 here and you ear nothing.

AkG March 23, 2010 07:20 PM

+1 to that markone. My evga 275 HUMS when under load (even in a HAF932 w/ MANY fans). My MSI 275 TF is silent and this is when in an open testbed and no airmovement.

kk22 March 23, 2010 07:43 PM

I love the Twin Frozr series. A friend of mine has the 5770 one and it's great. Almost makes me want to sell my 5770 Vapor-x. :(

trucz March 24, 2010 05:43 PM

that looks pretty nice. how do you pronounce it btw?

impruv March 24, 2010 08:54 PM

frah-zer or fro-zer ?

Unregistered May 12, 2010 07:08 PM

Hello guy n gals.

I am an electronics tech (AOS degree). With alot of knowledge I did not forget yet, lol, so I shall add a comment.

I believe the term "noiseless chokes and capacitors" refers to the high quality materials, and manufacturing, from which they are made. These materials produce / conduct, less noise, "static" , (which is a term for sine waves or other voltage spikes / drops), collected by parts WITH inferior materials / manufacturing. This means they (capacitors and inductors (chokes)) run with, or, supply, a more steady voltage, and, produce less 1s and 0s, in digital terms. Meaning less logic errors. And, less fluctuations in the power unit, in turn, supplies all the chips on the circuit board a more stable voltage. That means a more stable overclock and operation.

The term "noiseless" doe NOT refer to actual decible (sound) levels, that a human might hear. The fact that it is quiet, is due to superior cooling and a better fan.

I have no idea if this card is of that quality. I just wanted to try to clarify the term, "Noise".

Just my 2 cents. Rock on gamers!

fishingfanatic May 12, 2010 08:12 PM

MSI launches Twin FrozrII Graphics cards

They look good. By the comments from owners of other similar cards they work pretty good. I wonder when a good cooler solution for the 5970 will come out. Not wc of course. Still, if I didn't have the 5970, I would be inclined to seriously look at one of these.:whistle: