Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 23, 2010, 10:43 AM
Banned
F@H

I gone try to give the bottom of my tough on Fermi and every gaming card release until now:

Years after years we wait for the miracle, the game card that will give 100% increase in FPS, and years after years the thing don't happen , years after years we have to spend $ 4-600 on a card that give 10% more performance, when we start to ear about the Fermi, it was supose to be this miracle, " the post Fermi aera " they said, and come the delay , the rumours, etc. I'm not ATI fan boy or in war againts Nvidia, I'm just a poor user sad to see the miracle not hapening again. I still hope that those Charlie and co was wrong, but honestly .......
Old March 23, 2010, 10:58 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
The hype is all community and rumor-site generated. All NVIDIA did was:

- Announce it at GTC
- Preview it at CES
- Give the cards a name

Other than that, there has been very little marketing by them.
I know that you are under an NDA , sir , but the least you could is provide us with a small innocent hint !

Suppose an HD5870 could be colored yellow , an HD5970 could be colored white , what color the GTX 480 could be ?

By the way , this is a very nice hardware site indeed .
Old March 23, 2010, 11:03 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidGraham View Post
I know that you are under an NDA , sir , but the least you could is provide us with a small innocent hint !
no sorry he don't have to give a clue... but I can anwser you the 480 amd 470 are colored Green, Nvidia Green
Old March 23, 2010, 11:05 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
no sorry he don't have to give a clue... but I can anwser you the 480 amd 470 are colored Green, Nvidia Green
That would be very dim , very dim indeed .. !
Old March 23, 2010, 11:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
The question is ..how many members here will buy a $ 600 US card + a $ 150 WC block for folding ( + the pump, rad , etc, ) ..... most of the folders here use cheaps card, how many of them have gtx 295.. throw $ 750 in a card with a risk to burn it. ???? I don't care to take a risk at $ 200, but $ 750 US is an other thing. of course all the folders will want one, they will stop at the cashier.

Plenty. Nvidia knows this as well.

Here's the thing. People who want the newest hardware, are all the same people. They always buy the newest stuff and have the money to do so. They will spend whatever they can to get these things; plus that value isn't anymore than it's ever been for a new card with the WC setup when they first came out.

There are people on these forums who spent more than that 6 years ago on cards at release.

And the people who won't pay for that, don't actually care about the temp of a card; Nvidia will NOT, ever, in any form or another release a card that will burn out with it's stock cooling. If they did, they wouldnt have put those heatpipes on that heatsink :P

They've done their homework. And people are going to pay for these cards.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old March 23, 2010, 11:11 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post

Here's the thing. People who want the newest hardware, are all the same people.
Encorp are we still talking about the Fermi vs folding, because it's what I was talking about. if yes look at the folding team and find me the plenty of peoples who have spent $ 750 on a brand new single folding card
Old March 23, 2010, 11:14 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post

Here's the thing. People who want the newest hardware, are all the same people. They always buy the newest stuff and have the money to do so. They will spend whatever they can to get these things; plus that value isn't anymore than it's ever been for a new card with the WC setup when they first came out.

There are people on these forums who spent more than that 6 years ago on cards at release.

And the people who won't pay for that, don't actually care about the temp of a card; Nvidia will NOT, ever, in any form or another release a card that will burn out with it's stock cooling. If they did, they wouldnt have put those heatpipes on that heatsink :P

They've done their homework. And people are going to pay for these cards.

You hit the nail right on the head man.

You are always going to have early adopters. Always. And the vast majority of those early adopters probably have probably read this thread. They are passionate enough to be considered brand advocates and companies like Ati and nVidia rely on them to recoup R&D costs.

Look up the "Diffusion of Innovation." Basic marketing stuff, but definitely holds water more in this category then any other.

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old March 23, 2010, 11:30 AM
Banned
F@H

I say he it his tumb not the nail., I was refering to folders, I have no dought that peoples will rush to buy this new toy, it's gone be a big hits

but folders and Encorp say Plenty... look at the F/S section here, members who fold chases card at $ 150 and less, I have no dough that Kruz and RJ will put 2 or 3 in sli , but folders.

let's ask the top 20 members if the gone buy it ....
Old March 23, 2010, 11:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

are 24/7 folders really the main target of the Green team whit their Fermi ? I think not.

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old March 23, 2010, 11:41 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
I say he it his tumb not the nail., I was refering to folders, I have no dought that peoples will rush to buy this new toy, it's gone be a big hits

but folders and Encorp say Plenty... look at the F/S section here, members who fold chases card at $ 150 and less, I have no dough that Kruz and RJ will put 2 or 3 in sli , but folders.

let's ask the top 20 members if the gone buy it ....
Mark, its way too premature to ask that. No-one knows what the performance is going to be like.
Folders are usually willing to spend money. Just because you see mid-level cards sold frequently doesn't mean that those users didn't purchase a 280 or 285 when they launched?

I don't even know why I'm arguing this, as we're just arguing semantics and word choice. The fact alone is that we, the enthusiast community, are going to drag this out until we know what the product will be and what tangle and intangible's we get from it. Folders and gamers alike will buy this card.... if not for perfomance, then because they are the segments early adopters and its the new nVidia product.

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter