Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 23, 2010, 06:06 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by burebista View Post
Also I like that you'll benchmark Metro 2033. And I hope STALKER CoP too. One for green and one for
Eagerly waiting for your review...
Unfortunately, no STALKER since to be honest with you, I don't have a copy. Most sites will take the easy way out and use the benchmark utility which (IMO) does not give one an accurate representation of gameplay performance IN THE LEAST.

How do I know about this while claiming to not have a copy? Simple: my brother is a STALKER fanatic.
Old March 23, 2010, 06:27 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
[...] benchmark utility which (IMO) does not give one an accurate representation of gameplay performance IN THE LEAST.
Agree with you.

But it would be fair to test Tessellation in a green TWIMTBP DX11 game like Metro against a red one like Stalker CoP. Eh, c'est la vie, you can have all from the beginning.
BTW, I already like your brother without knowing him.
Old March 23, 2010, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burebista View Post
Agree with you.

But it would be fair to test Tessellation in a green TWIMTBP DX11 game like Metro against a red one like Stalker CoP. Eh, c'est la vie, you can have all from the beginning.
BTW, I already like your brother without knowing him.
Wellll.....considering AvP and DiRT 2 were both marketed by ATI as showcases of their DX11 hardware, we can consider those "red" games. Along with Dragon Age: Origins but that's DX9.
Old March 23, 2010, 06:40 AM
Banned
F@H

what about Crysis, if this bench is true I don't see great improvement in new GPU , Red or Green, and I'm looking at the min. FPS. they are still around 20 fps

Old March 23, 2010, 07:05 AM

Crysis is a poorly optimized dog that needed about 3-5 more patches than it received. Basically, Crytek gave up on its development far too early in order to work on a console game.

That's why I have ditched it in favor of Metro 2033. 4A games already has several patches in the works and people are actively playing it. Plus, it actually LOOKS good enough to warrant its low framerates.
Old March 23, 2010, 07:24 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

There are rumors of a 512 bios floating around....
Could nVidia be taking a page from Ati in regards to unlockable cores?

I'm looking to see if I can find it, might come in handy over the next little bit for those who want a little extra 7-10% performance boost without oc.

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old March 23, 2010, 07:33 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlef View Post
There are rumors of a 512 bios floating around....
Could nVidia be taking a page from Ati in regards to unlockable cores?

I'm looking to see if I can find it, might come in handy over the next little bit for those who want a little extra 7-10% performance boost without oc.
That could make things fun for folders, as they should in theory benefit from the additional cores a lot (assuming the GPU client can utilize that many in the first place). If true, and the cores can be used, then you will see folders looking for batches that have good 512 cores, and many lost WUs as folders try to get wonky shaders doing hard work.
Fold for team #54196
Old March 23, 2010, 08:23 AM
Banned
F@H

depends on the wu. the new'er smaller ones wont see much unless you drop a few clients and of course shader speed.
Old March 23, 2010, 08:35 AM
Banned
F@H

Guy's don't want to ruin the fun , but they have some rumours that say the 480 run at more than 90'c at full load , not sure this card will stand folding, especially side by side on a board
Old March 23, 2010, 08:46 AM
Banned
F@H

if its furmark stable itll do folding as well, i believe. for those in the know, how do you like/dislike the 'hum' of the fans? ;) you dont have to answer right away.

had seen a dual card ati wayy back before it was maybe perhaps a rumour lol..couldnt turn them fans down.