Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Press Releases & Tech News (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/)
-   -   Southpaws Unite - Razer Develops Unique DeathAdder Gaming Mouse (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/29958-southpaws-unite-razer-develops-unique-deathadder-gaming-mouse.html)

FiXT March 16, 2010 12:40 PM

Southpaws Unite - Razer Develops Unique DeathAdder Gaming Mouse

Razer has taken an bold leap in gaming equality as it looks to stamp out the long standing discrimination against left handed gamers. As a leftie, I have often been dismayed when hearing about the latest gaming peripheral specifically tailored for the world's approximately 87% right-handers. I've been unable to appreciate the greats, such as 90%... [ Read full article ]

MrDiaz March 16, 2010 12:46 PM

Great stuff

thorn March 16, 2010 01:06 PM

this stuff like 20 years to late for me. While I am a lefty, left handed mice didn't really exist when I first started using computers so I have been using righty mice. While I can use my mouse southpaw, my right hand is just no good with the key board portion outside of maybe steering for racing games (due to the fact you don't need a mouse and the arrow keys are on the right side of the keyboard).

FiXT March 16, 2010 01:12 PM

I've used right handed mice for general stuff, but when it comes to precision gaming I simply don't have the pinpoint accuracy required for a lot of things, especially shooters. Something with big buttons maybe, but even that takes a while.

My right hand actually performs well on the keyboard - I use my pinky finger for most everything outside of the arrow keys and hotkey the numpad.

If notice a larger majority of lefties have adapted to use their right hand for mouse work - I have alway's envied them - maybe this will begin the revolution back to our natural ways! :punk:

headsh0t March 16, 2010 01:47 PM

My Razer copperheard is ambidextruous. I'm right handed and I like it. I've had it for like 5 years or more. I don't know if I really like the curved mice, or maybe it's just cause I'm used to the copperhead. You couldn't have used something like that?

FiXT March 16, 2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsh0t (Post 348230)
My Razer copperheard is ambidextruous. I'm right handed and I like it. I've had it for like 5 years or more. I don't know if I really like the curved mice, or maybe it's just cause I'm used to the copperhead. You couldn't have used something like that?

I currently own a copperhead actually. Unfortunately it is wearing out - bought it back in 2006. Lights are dead and the plastic clear sides are flattening in sections. And to be honest, I like the ergonomic design of most right handed mice when I have to use them and use them with my right hand.

Unfortunately they don't they don't produce the copperhead anymore and I found the Abyssus really uncomfortable as the only other real ambidextrous designed mouse by razer or most other companies for that matter.

scruff March 16, 2010 01:59 PM

Same here , 20 years to late as well and I wounder if it will work as well as the ol lefthanded scisors ?

Fudd Rucker March 16, 2010 02:05 PM

Ive been using the same shaped microsoft optical mice for almost 15 years due to the lack of left handed mice. Also whats up with most games not having the option of firing left handed aside from CS:source. Being right hand retarded (that hand is literally useless lol) its been difficult to get decent mice anymore that arent curved for right handed people.

I was forced to learn how to use a mouse right handed as a kid because i was the only lefty in my house. But now that i have my own kids and what not, I get my own pc with own lefty mouse.But it would be nice to have a super sensitive and precise mouse that isnt tailored for a right handed person.

Off topic - One of my microsoft mice went recently, and I couldnt find a replacement to buy a new one, so i called up Microsoft for RMA purpose. Microsoft was absolutly wonderful at getting me a new mouse very quickly with zero hassle. Only downside - I stressed very very much that I am left handed and either needed a left handed replacement or an ambidextrous one. Waht do I get in return? A giant wireless mouse that 100% tailored for a right handed person, like it was curved so bad that using it with your left hand was all but impossible.

thorn March 16, 2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scruff (Post 348239)
Same here , 20 years to late as well and I wounder if it will work as well as the ol lefthanded scisors ?

depending on the scissors (usually older models) I seriously am I unable to cut with right handed scissors (in my left hand, I can hardly cut a straight line with my left but with my right it is hopeless).

Unregistered March 17, 2010 03:10 PM

Yay!

I was about to abandon Razer since their last few releases have been righty-only and the ambidextrous mice (like the Copperhead) were being discontinued.

This, however, is good news. Now to find one to purchase in Canada.