Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 16, 2010, 12:19 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default ZOTAC Unleashes World's First ION Upgrade Kits

ZOTAC International, the world?s largest manufacturer graphics cards, mini-ITX motherboards and mini-PCs in the channel, today unveils the world?s first ION Upgrade Kits featuring a ZOTAC small form factor motherboard and ZOTAC ION graphics card for a combination that delivers phenomenal value with premium graphics and outstanding user experience. ... [ Read full article ]
Old March 16, 2010, 07:28 PM
Rookie

What the shit is this? It's just a graphics card plugged into a pci-e port. How is this a "world's first" ANYTHING.
Old March 16, 2010, 11:24 PM
MVP
F@H

Its just an add in graphics card like any other. It'd better be pretty damn cheap because there's alot of good cheap HTPC cards out there.
Old March 16, 2010, 11:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I think the main selling point is this is both low profile and doesn't hang over the edge of the motherboard. It would be perfect for a case that matches or comes very close to the width of the motherboard.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old March 17, 2010, 12:01 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by baov View Post
What the shit is this? It's just a graphics card plugged into a pci-e port. How is this a "world's first" ANYTHING.
It is the "first upgrade kit" for an ION platform. It is not the card that is unique.

Old March 17, 2010, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

Default mini ports

also take into account the what-looks-like mini-display port... probably just mini hdmi.
not a bad idea for really small form factors but it would be nice to see a miniature version gtx295 at least for this platform :P

first post: love the site!
avid follower.