Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 11, 2010, 08:08 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Epic Brings NVIDIA 3D Vision Support to Unreal Engine 3

NVIDIA and Epic Games, Inc. today announced the addition of NVIDIAŽ 3D Vision technology support to Unreal Engine 3.

Today's announcement means that licensees of the world's most successful game engine will be able to take full advantage of integrated 3D Vision technology support and offer an unprecedented level of immersion in their upcoming games...

[ Read full article ]
Old March 11, 2010, 08:12 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Wonder how cool this technology really is
Old March 11, 2010, 08:24 AM

It's the only way I play certain games. Some aren't that great but the profiles are constantly being updated so support for even the newest games is never more than a month away.
Old March 11, 2010, 08:31 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

You get the same effect as when you watch 3D movies at the theatre? Do the glasses bother you after playing for a while? I wonder if TigerDirect would have some demos on their stores or something. I'm heading today to one of their stores, would be great if I can see something in action.
Old March 11, 2010, 08:36 AM

It all has to do with the way you adjust the unit. NVIDIA has a great utility to customize the separation to your liking. Usually, you start with a minimum of separation and then move your way up. If you start on high, you WILL get headaches.
Old March 11, 2010, 09:01 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Epic is busy these days.

Quote:
Epic Games and Valve Software announced they have inked a deal that will see the Valve's free Steamworks tools more easily available to all Unreal Engine 3 licensees.
Valve's Steamworks Seeps Into Unreal Engine 3 - Shacknews - PC Games, PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Wii video game news, previews and downloads

What does this all mean? DX11 pffffft. Everything will still be the Unreal Engine, just like it has been for the last number of years.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old March 11, 2010, 09:12 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Certain games are fantastic with it others are very annoying.

Fantastic - Batman: Arkham Asylum - Playing this game in 3d is literally amazing.

Annoying - Mass Effect 2 - As Nvidia is always releasing fixes this might get better but right now it does not look great most of the time.
Old March 11, 2010, 09:21 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I've been interested in jumping on 3D Vision since it was release, but the mixed reviews always kept me from wanting to spend that much on it. Is it worth the price? I was going to build a system with a 5850 in a month or two but I'm interested in 3D vision again. Maybe I'll wait to see what the price on the GTX470 is like.
Old March 11, 2010, 02:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have used nvidia 3D vision and it is hit and miss. Few games are great with it. I never want to play batman without 3D and physx. Problem with nvidia 3D vision is there isn't enough monitors and large enough monitors. If there was a 30" monitor it would be an instant buy for me unless it was rediculously expensive. Although I am tempted by the 27" monitor.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old March 12, 2010, 09:18 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Unreal engine is getting kind of old. E.g. Arkham asylum, nearly brand new, still doesn't compare to crysis, which is 3 years old... mayhap it's time for a new engine. Don't get me wrong, it's nice, but as gaming advances, so should graphics, IMO. Thoughts?