Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 12, 2010, 10:27 AM
Banned
F@H

I see again a Nvidia move to try to put ATI out of business, like they do with their proprietary Physx.
Old March 12, 2010, 12:54 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pukka View Post
Unreal engine is getting kind of old. E.g. Arkham asylum, nearly brand new, still doesn't compare to crysis, which is 3 years old... mayhap it's time for a new engine. Don't get me wrong, it's nice, but as gaming advances, so should graphics, IMO. Thoughts?
UE3 isn't going anywhere until UE4 is released. The reason it is so ubiquitous is because it's a very powerful and flexible engine, and it's easy to develop with as well as to port games to different platforms.
Old April 2, 2010, 06:46 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Speed View Post
I've been interested in jumping on 3D Vision since it was release, but the mixed reviews always kept me from wanting to spend that much on it. Is it worth the price? I was going to build a system with a 5850 in a month or two but I'm interested in 3D vision again. Maybe I'll wait to see what the price on the GTX470 is like.
I pretty much only play on 3D Vision. The best display for me is either a big screen DLP or a DLP Projector...the experience is without equal and note that I have been gaming since the very first ping pong machines so I have seen everything and never being this impressed with gaming.
I wish there was a way to express how cool it is.
Most of my games play awesome. There are things here and there that are not perfect but the experience is so awesome that you wont mind the little issues.