Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 10, 2010, 11:55 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Cooler Master Begins Shipping Windowed Side Panel for 690 II Case

One of the more common complaints heard about the recently released Cooler Master 690 II Advanced, was the lack of an optional side window, leaving the quality black interior and excellent cable management hidden behind metal. Starting this month, Cooler Master has begun shipping limited quantities of its windowed side panel through its own CM Stor... [ Read full article ]
Old March 10, 2010, 12:33 PM
F@H

My System Specs

They have fixed the price then. I saw it on their store at the end of February, price was 39.99. That's why I bought a refurbished Storm Scout instead of the 690 II.

Newegg will probably stock this, they carried the original 690 and Cosmos window panels.
Old March 10, 2010, 12:42 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
... leaving the quality black interior and excellent cable management hidden behind metal. [ Read full article ]

I'm one of those that hate side windows and led.
Old March 10, 2010, 01:34 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I really, really wish they would just have one model with it, and one without it instead of having the end customer hunt around for the panel if thats what they like.

I'll be honest, its what stopped me from buying both this CM690 and the Previous CM690. ALthough I have done builds in them.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 10, 2010, 02:03 PM
Allstar

lack of a side window is a major fault with the 690. and selling a side window for $40 makes no sense considering the full case can be had for $80 when on sale. They should just make the side window default and up the price a bit to compensate. it's a solid case and a few extra $ isn't going to deter people from buying one. But $40 for a side window is ridiculous.
Gigabyte HD 6970 OC
Gigabyte Z68X-UDH3-B3
Seasonic 760W
Coolermaster Hyper 212+
CM690 w/ 1-80mm, 6-120mm fans.
Old March 10, 2010, 02:23 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy001 View Post
lack of a side window is a major fault with the 690. and selling a side window for $40 makes no sense considering the full case can be had for $80 when on sale. They should just make the side window default and up the price a bit to compensate. it's a solid case and a few extra $ isn't going to deter people from buying one. But $40 for a side window is ridiculous.

+1 there.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 10, 2010, 08:23 PM
MVP
F@H

It's a much better looking window than the old CM690 window but still $$$ for a window...
Old March 13, 2010, 04:21 PM
Top Prospect

Got my side panel in just 2 days ago made a quick box opening vid:
YouTube - Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced pt. 2, Window Side Panel Box Opening, Unboxing.

Last edited by blueweb; July 13, 2010 at 04:30 PM. Reason: New update.