Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Press Releases & Tech News (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/)
-   -   Canadians Approved for Class Action Lawsuit Against Microsoft (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/29676-canadians-approved-class-action-lawsuit-against-microsoft.html)

FiXT March 9, 2010 12:07 PM

Canadians Approved for Class Action Lawsuit Against Microsoft

It seems the "nice" Canadians aren't being so nice when it comes to Microsoft's perceived monopoly in the marketplace. A B.C. Provincial Supreme Court judge has approved a lawsuit to be classified as class action against Microsoft Canada that alleges anti-competitive practices and could seek more than $1 billion in damages. The plaintiffs, Pro-S... [ Read full article ]

TimTheEnchanter March 9, 2010 12:41 PM

What's gonna happen? Competition will emergere now?:ph34r:

MarkOne March 9, 2010 12:45 PM

I remeber we pay something around $ 50-70 for DOS ..and it came with a thick book at the time.. where is the manual of a $ 300 7 ultimate ?

Deviant March 9, 2010 12:53 PM

Of course. Most of the money will line the pockets of the lawyers while the rest of us get a $20 coupon to buy future Microsoft products

martin_metal_88 March 9, 2010 12:55 PM

This is a stupid lawsuit. 70 was fair but now the up of the money and all the research and service they put in windows are why the cost are getting bigger. And going with this mentality, why not suit Apple for doing the same with their own computer killing in the bone all compatition.

SugarJ March 9, 2010 01:16 PM

Paid $106 plus tax for Windows 7 Premium this morning. That's a fair price to me.

Thund3rball March 9, 2010 01:54 PM

Uhm I paid like $99 for XP. My laptop came with Vista Ultimate at the Vista Home Prem price from Dell (32bit) and then a few months later I got them to send me the 64bit SP1 install disc free of charge... so not much to complain about there either. I will probably pay $100-$150 for Win7 when I finally buy it. I suppose if you're one of those blokes that goes to BB and plops down $300+ for an OS... well what can I say? :doh:

bojangles March 9, 2010 02:00 PM

Such a dumb lawsuit. $120 for an OS is great, especially when everyone supports it anyway.

Besides, I never really saw anyone else other than Apple making OSes during the 80s...

MarkOne March 9, 2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thund3rball (Post 344611)
I suppose if you're one of those blokes that goes to BB and plops down $300+ for an OS... well what can I say? :doh:

First of all I have a tech net so...

I was comparing retail box products, not OEM and more important they don't include manual anymore, especially with a Software retail at $ 300. And yes you have peoples who still buy retail box. I just repeat the comments of customers that are piss off because no documentation are include in the box.

SKYMTL March 9, 2010 02:20 PM

Honestly, these people think MS is ripping us off? See the following:

- Adobe products
- AutoDesk products ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!)
- Game console price fixing