Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Press Releases & Tech News (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/)
-   -   The Last Word - Newegg Comes Clean (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/29663-last-word-newegg-comes-clean.html)

FiXT March 8, 2010 06:28 PM

The Last Word - Newegg Comes Clean

Finally, a bit of closure. Newegg has opted to show some more transparency in the case surrounding counterfeit Core i7 920 processors recently sold by the retailer. The company has publicly released a statement acknowledging misinformation regarding the units being demo boxes, pinpointing the exact source of the fakes, and clearing D&H Distribu... [ Read full article ]

MarkOne March 8, 2010 06:30 PM

So they was not Intel demo :whistle:

chrisk March 8, 2010 06:31 PM

Now that was not so hard.

chrisk March 8, 2010 07:08 PM

I tell ya one thing; that letter Kyle got from the lawyers has a little more bite to it.

belgolas March 8, 2010 08:00 PM

I thought it was fishy.

chrisk March 8, 2010 08:38 PM

Well Kyle apologized so maybe that will clear things up now. He is blaming it on his Newegg source, but this will fade away soon if he does not get sued, and all we will have left are funny Hitler videos.

bernZ March 8, 2010 09:08 PM

Good way for Newegg to clear up their name. This is the best outcome they could have hoped for. This could have been handled much much worse.

3oh6 March 8, 2010 09:30 PM

what do you expect though. we live in an age where information needs to be instantaneous...but actual information is hardly ever such, therefore any information fills the void.

if people had any patience at all anymore, stories like this wouldn't even be known until after the facts were verified and the actual story come out all at once...but that isn't how we live anymore.

if you want instant info, you need to accept that most of the time the first info is going to be BS...its that simple, don't blame anyone but ourselves when stories that are hardly accurate come to surface, but those doing the reporting can't be blamed either...they are just feeding the hungry.

sswilson March 9, 2010 12:41 AM

I don't blame the folks reporting the information that's given them provided they're at least attempting to filter out the bogus information.

OTOH, I do blame companies which respond with bullcrap when attempting to put out the fires.....

First rule of answering questions is to be honest about what you do and do not know.... The words "I honestly don't have the answer to that question ATM, but we're working on it, and will get back to you with an accurate response as soon as possible" should be tattood on the palms of every person working in a PR role for any company.

Kneejerk responses should never come from official sources. Putting a spin on the story with inaccurate information always makes things worse.

Jake_HT March 9, 2010 12:52 AM

I don't know, I sorta like the demo excuse.....

"But wife.. I wasn't cheating on you, it was just a demo" :bleh: