Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 9, 2010, 12:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nobody will get sued. There will be no lawsuits. A non disclosure agreement will be fine. The spin doctors will take care of any loose ends...

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old March 9, 2010, 05:20 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Well Kyle apologized so maybe that will clear things up now. He is blaming it on his Newegg source, but this will fade away soon if he does not get sued, and all we will have left are funny Hitler videos.
I seriously doubt D&H will sue Kyle who has the entire HardOCP community behind him. They just wanted to clear their names...not make the community hate them (boycott D&H by boycotting newegg and the like).

Quote:
OTOH, I do blame companies which respond with bullcrap when attempting to put out the fires.....
Newegg was probably all frantic when this story broke out and the damage control team at newegg had a meeting with IPEX. It seems like IPEX probably gave newegg the silly excuse that they're "demo" units. Of course, newegg would have to quickly quell things with such an excuse which doesn't really work well with an intelligent community...but indeed. They should've spent a few days investigating further before releasing a complete public statement.
Old March 9, 2010, 05:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3oh6 View Post
what do you expect though. we live in an age where information needs to be instantaneous...but actual information is hardly ever such, therefore any information fills the void.

if people had any patience at all anymore, stories like this wouldn't even be known until after the facts were verified and the actual story come out all at once...but that isn't how we live anymore.

if you want instant info, you need to accept that most of the time the first info is going to be BS...its that simple, don't blame anyone but ourselves when stories that are hardly accurate come to surface, but those doing the reporting can't be blamed either...they are just feeding the hungry.
agreed..............
Old March 9, 2010, 06:08 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
Newegg was probably all frantic when this story broke out and the damage control team at newegg had a meeting with IPEX. It seems like IPEX probably gave newegg the silly excuse that they're "demo" units. Of course, newegg would have to quickly quell things with such an excuse which doesn't really work well with an intelligent community...but indeed. They should've spent a few days investigating further before releasing a complete public statement.
It's kind of a no-win situation though. Companies have done that exact thing in similar situations, and the result is everyone assumes their silence is because they're hiding something, and then everyone becomes suspicious of the answer that takes several days to arrive because it sounds too simple to have taken that long.
Old March 9, 2010, 06:16 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Been following this the last few days and I'm glad to see Newegg been more transparent about this issue.
Now I most confess I was a little naive in thinking a company as large as Newegg would not get it's CPU's straight from Intel?
Old March 9, 2010, 06:56 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Sorry, quoting a "source" without trying to contact the company who will be affected by any accusations is poor journalism IMO.
Old March 9, 2010, 05:12 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Just in case anyone need a bit of clarification on how to recognize a genuine Intel processor

Linus is here to help: YouTube - How to Recognize a Legitimate Intel Box Processor Linus Tech Tips
Old March 9, 2010, 05:22 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Thats pretty good.

In a completely unrelated topic, (sorry to hijack) there are about 200 i7 920s on eBay for the incredible price of just $80.
Intel Core i7 I7-920 2.66GHz Batch 3951A424 - eBay (item 110504658536 end time Mar-09-10 11:18:43 PST)

Should I post this in the 'Hot Deals' section instead?
Fold for team #54196
Old March 9, 2010, 05:32 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Thats pretty good.

In a completely unrelated topic, (sorry to hijack) there are about 200 i7 920s on eBay for the incredible price of just $80.
Intel Core i7 I7-920 2.66GHz Batch 3951A424 - eBay (item 110504658536 end time Mar-09-10 11:18:43 PST)

Should I post this in the 'Hot Deals' section instead?

UM

Damn I can't believe I missed that! I have no qualms purchasing what is obviously the "missing" CPUs.

Wonder how fast Newegg/Intel will be requesting a subpoena to see ebay's information on them
Old March 9, 2010, 05:34 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Funny how the seller seems to have a decent rating. I have seen speculation that it could be a hijacked profile, or this guy does not have said processors and will take the money and run.

Did sell 200 of them though for $80 a piece it seems...
Fold for team #54196