Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 8, 2010, 06:38 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
I've been telling you guys this all along. If i still had these boxes around I'd take photos. THESE ARE DEMO BOXES. I've seen them before with my own eyes. YES, they had spelling mistakes too! I got mine directly from Intel.

The CPU boxes came with "Educational Kits"
edit : so now it look like New Egg came back on their words about demo

The Last Word - Newegg Comes Clean

FULL OF BS , you teach student what with those crapy fraud stuf...........

come on I never see something stupid like that. why Intel will make cheap fake like this, they just have to use a mounting board with the his without silicone if they want make a demo, and use the same box with the word sample one it. that make no sense to make a plastic heatsink with a photo of the real one on top of it. Intel spent to much in their public presentation to make something cheap like that.,

and why include a pile of paper in a demo box, if it's for education they will put the real paper in it. it's 25 years that I sell Intel product , I go to every ICS , twice a year , I never see a demo of a CPU .. made in white metal

those guy just put a real cpu in plaster and make a mold to after use petwer to duplicate it, we do it all the time in Model Railroading.

those box was made to look like the real stuf from outside ( pics of the heatsink) , the paper was probably for the weight.

Last edited by MarkOne; March 8, 2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old March 8, 2010, 06:50 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxPete View Post
I still trust that Newegg will support the end customer relationship but as far as an overall perception, the trust is damaged.
I will never buy from New Egg anymore.. when you read the review from the buyer, many of them complain they receive open box.. and now this thing...

Intel say this is not a demo from the .......... New Egg say they was demo .... it's clear than New Egg hide the truth . anyway I'm sure Intel can proove their statement...

at least NCIX sell their Open box marked as OPEN ...

Last edited by MarkOne; March 8, 2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old March 8, 2010, 07:01 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
Well, the article also has alot of spelling errors too, lol.
Let me know what I missed and I'll correct it.

Last edited by FiXT; March 8, 2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old March 8, 2010, 07:50 PM
husker

Exclamation Spelling

well, you asked...

"contacdte" instead of contacted
"mater" instead of matter
"in a private statements" - lose the the "a" or lose the plural on "statements"
Old March 8, 2010, 08:55 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
I've been telling you guys this all along. If i still had these boxes around I'd take photos. THESE ARE DEMO BOXES. I've seen them before with my own eyes. YES, they had spelling mistakes too! I got mine directly from Intel.

The CPU boxes came with "Educational Kits" that school departments used to teach students. They had dummy CPU's and blank manuals in them. These CPU's came with samples (defective, however) of wafers, and videos and other instructional media and collateral.

While I can't say where the lumps of clay came from, I can tell you for a fact that these boxes, spelling mistakes and all where manufactured for/by Intel themselves. Someone got a hold of them and used them for this scam.

Like 100%, like I've LOOKED, peered, seen with my own eyes boxes EXACTLY like these shipped TO ME, from Intel.

I don't care what Intel says.

EDIT: Did I mention the boxes I got where chalk full of spelling mistakes?

Words were spelled wrong? Some letters out of place? Did I mention that enough?
I'm asian and I can say that those kinds of spelling mistakes are from BOOTLEGS. After the sheer amount of bootlegs I've seen of any kind of products, you can definitely see the same spelling mistake pattern. I also spot spelling mistakes on the French text of that Intel box and I'm pretty sure the German text right under also has mistakes. Ironically, are all bootlegs using the same bad translator?
Old March 8, 2010, 09:06 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

It would somewhat make sense that demo boxes have spelling mistakes, so that they are obviously demos and no one ends up using them by mistake. If it looked too good there may be small details (though legally very important) not on the demo that could cause problems for Intel if they were accidentally used.

Though you'd think they'd just slap a big *****DEMO BOX, MORON***** banner on it instead....