Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 8, 2010, 02:54 PM
Banned
F@H

ATI have the best GPU ,,, they will not release a new one for now, they keep it for when they gone need it
Old March 8, 2010, 04:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Most likely a 5890.

It is just as likely nvidia will pull a 4870 in prices as ATI did. Why does everyone think nvidia is this evil company that will sell their cards far above any intelligent human being would. Nvidia unless completely out of their minds will be competitive even if that means selling at a lost in the beginning. Every company on earth does this so why wouldn't nvidia?

Sorry if I am coming off as angry because I am a bit because every single rumor is just talking crap and there seems to be a lot of hate towards them. Almost every rumor has been busted. First there were rumors that said it wouldn't be faster. Busted for the early previews and benchmarks released by nvidia. Then there were rumors about availability. Most likely busted as well as nvidia says they believe there will be enough stock to see them on store shelves on the 26th. There were also rumors that it was going to be a paper launch and that is completely busted as there are boxes from multiple companies and cards shown a month before launch. They are in production for some time now.

Price is the biggest concern right now as we know it will be faster. Of it is 30% faster than I don't expect it to be more than 45% more in price. They may even price it cheaper than the 5870 who knows. I personally doubt it.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old March 8, 2010, 06:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
Most likely a 5890.

It is just as likely nvidia will pull a 4870 in prices as ATI did. Why does everyone think nvidia is this evil company that will sell their cards far above any intelligent human being would. Nvidia unless completely out of their minds will be competitive even if that means selling at a lost in the beginning. Every company on earth does this so why wouldn't nvidia?

Sorry if I am coming off as angry because I am a bit because every single rumor is just talking crap and there seems to be a lot of hate towards them. Almost every rumor has been busted. First there were rumors that said it wouldn't be faster. Busted for the early previews and benchmarks released by nvidia. Then there were rumors about availability. Most likely busted as well as nvidia says they believe there will be enough stock to see them on store shelves on the 26th. There were also rumors that it was going to be a paper launch and that is completely busted as there are boxes from multiple companies and cards shown a month before launch. They are in production for some time now.

Price is the biggest concern right now as we know it will be faster. Of it is 30% faster than I don't expect it to be more than 45% more in price. They may even price it cheaper than the 5870 who knows. I personally doubt it.
LOL?

ATI 5870 release date Sept 22, 209.

Some where in October nvidia talked about there architecture and shows off a dummy card

Wooden Screws FTL.

Quote:
Nvidia Corp. earlier this week unveiled impressive details about its next-generation Fermi architecture for graphics processing units (GPUs) and even demonstrated an add-in card powered by the new chip. But while the new GPU architecture impresses, the board that was shown-off does not seem to be a working sample. Nvidia itself claims that the card was an “engineering sample” and that the first commercial Fermi products will be released in Q4 2009.
Nvidia Admits Showing Dummy Fermi Card at GTC, Claims First Graphics Cards on Track for Q4 2009 - X-bit labs