Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Press Releases & Tech News (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/)
-   -   Microsoft Courier (AKA ipad killer?) (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/29546-microsoft-courier-aka-ipad-killer.html)

Polygon March 5, 2010 08:15 PM

Microsoft Courier (AKA ipad killer?)

Microsoft's Courier 'digital journal': exclusive pictures and details (update: video!) -- Engadget

IMO this looks really promising, and I can actually find use for one of these if I were to buy one (which I may consider), unlike the ipad.

It's being released in Q3/Q4, but still... possible ipad killer?

mattlef March 5, 2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickpolyz (Post 343074)
Microsoft's Courier 'digital journal': exclusive pictures and details (update: video!) -- Engadget

IMO this looks really promising, and I can actually find use for one of these if I were to buy one (which I may consider), unlike the ipad.

It's being released in Q3/Q4, but still... possible ipad killer?

That video looks amazing.
I think we might actually have a tangible application for these pads with the Courier journal, not only in the world of design, but also research, media.... etc.... if size is reasonable, this could be a great option to notebooks for true on the go users.

TimTheEnchanter March 5, 2010 08:40 PM

Video disapointed me actually. it does show the features... but it's not a "real" video, i would have liked to see how it really looks like. Features look very intesresting.

Polygon March 5, 2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter (Post 343089)
Video disapointed me actually. it does show the features... but it's not a "real" video, i would have liked to see how it really looks like. Features look very intesresting.

I agree, but I don't expect one for some time until closer to release. I fear that it will be buggy with the text recognition, that's my only gripe. And maybe the OS will be a let down (in terms of performance). But we will have to wait for it to come out and get reviewed.

But still, I've got high hopes!

belgolas March 5, 2010 09:54 PM

This looks mighty impressive if they can pull it off.

geokilla March 5, 2010 10:14 PM

What happened to Microsoft not making an iPad killer? That's what Microsoft said according to a Dailytech article a few weeks or months back...

Caldezar March 5, 2010 10:20 PM

iPad killer? Doesn't a product need to be at least a moderate goliath before competitive products can be deemed their 'killers'? The iPad has been met with very moderate success in the market place, and doesn't look to be making any major waves.

Arinoth March 5, 2010 11:02 PM

I'd like to see more details about this thing when it comes out, definitely better then the iPad so far

Kovok March 5, 2010 11:15 PM

But can it play crysis?

muse108dc March 10, 2010 01:19 AM

forget the courier, it will not be out for a while yet. The real current ipad killer will be the Dell Mini 5. Running a heavily skinned version of android (meaning it will never ever be updated) it is more capable, more portable, and over all more useful. Supports video chat, phone chat, everything that android supports.

Though, I'm probably going to wait for the mythical WebOS tablet.